what would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do?

The guy that I now work for (for 3 weeks now) had me do some work out of our area. This is a Mr Rooter franchise told me that he cleared it with the other areas rep, turns out that he did not and the super from the other area stopped at the place that I was doing the work and took pictures, I told my "boss" that I talked to him and he ripped me a new one.

Turns out that he never had the ok to do the work and put me in a bad spot. I don't think that I can work for somebody that would lie like that and basicly steal work , so I'm turning in my keys .

thanks, just venting

Re: what would you do?

Not your problem, you were asked to go do a job, you were told it was ok'ed as to being out of area. You did the job. Not your problem the boss is a liar, not fair for him to yell at you for doing what you were asked to do, or for talking with someone who asked you about it; you had been told it was ok'ed. His problem he got caught in a lie. As to quitting, your call. I agree I'd want out asap from a boss who'd put me in that situation, but your financial position might not let you stand on principal right away. Start making plans regardless, because if your boss is po'd at you for the situation he created, he's not reasonable and you'll be leaving before too long anyway.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by coldbluff View Post
      The guy that I now work for (for 3 weeks now) had me do some work out of our area. This is a Mr Rooter franchise told me that he cleared it with the other areas rep, turns out that he did not and the super from the other area stopped at the place that I was doing the work and took pictures, I told my "boss" that I talked to him and he ripped me a new one.

Turns out that he never had the ok to do the work and put me in a bad spot. I don't think that I can work for somebody that would lie like that and basicly steal work , so I'm turning in my keys .

thanks, just venting
      When you buy a franchise you pay for a given region. When your boss had you work in some one elses area he was stealing jobs from another franchise. Now that you are aware of his character flaws what do you think he will ask you to do next?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks for posting so quickly.

I have had money and I've been broke, but the one thing I can say is that I can sleep at night and the people that I do work for always get my best. And I refuse to work for a person that would LIE to my face.

Thanks

Comment

You are doing the right thing quitting. You'll find a better place to work. Prior to having my own company, I worked at 6 different companies over the years and I quit every one of them for different reasons. Some people said I was burning my bridges, but I always ended up better off by going with my heart. Good luck.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I have had money and I've been broke, but the one thing I can say is that I can sleep at night and the people that I do work for always get my best. And I refuse to work for a person that would LIE to my face.

Thanks

When I was employeed by a company, I always gave 110%, never side jobbed their customers, was very loyal and would work 24 hrs without complaints.

I made friends, and was paid pretty well for being an employee.

In the end, god has watched over me, every decision I have made, has made me a wiser person and moved me up a rung on the ol ladder of life. Even when I thought I went down a rung, it was really just so I could move up 2 at once

In your situation, I would leave. Look at it this way, atleast you seen your bosses true colors right away, it took me 3 years to mine, and by then I had made some real life changing decisions.
            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 06-15-2008, 11:30 PM.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                Wow, now thats standing up. I applaud you for this type of decision that your making. I sure wish you luck on a more successful paying job in the near future, you so deserve this for your actions. Wonderful..........
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I agree with quitting " but did the customer call your boss and request his service over the local franchise?
                  just playing the devils advocate ?
                  Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                  1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                  X