• Show
Clear All

• Jetter?????

Ok Rick, this one`s for you

Here`s a link to the pump and gear box I have on my jetter
    http://www.udorusa.com/pages2000/plungerframes.html
    Click on "G-Series" under "Plunger Pumps"

I have the GC 26/20-S

From what I see I needed a 18HP motor but I only have a 16HP. The Guy I bought it from say`s 2700 @7gpm
    We tested it and was getting 3000 at the pump and bypassing in to the tank with a nozzle on.
    How can I be getting 7gpm if I`m bypassing? I havent tested the GPM with a nozzle on because I know theres no way I will be getting that.
    With the nozzle off we got a little more then 7gpm but that`s not gonna do me any good that way....lol...

What do I need to get my max PSI and GPM out of this thing with out bypassing in to the tank all the time
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Jetter?????

Memory might be off but didn't Rick try to help you with this and you pulled a navysuit and told him how he was wrong?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

"Pulled a navysuit". Funny. "Brother pulled a navysuit on me....."

Does sound familiar B.

J.C.

Comment

No he said it wasn't a 3000psi pump at 7gpm

I told him it was as we tested it to 3000 but we didn't test the GPM with a nozzle on it. I think the nozzles are to small making to much back pressure and dumping the extra water back in the tank. I`d be luck to be getting 5.5 GPM if my thinking is correct.

It works and works pretty good but I want to try a root cutting nozzle on it but I have to figure a few things out first. Think I`ll go cut open a 30 gallon drum and try the GPM`s with my biggest nozzle on it and stick the gage on the nozzle end of the hose.

From the web site, I`m 2HP short to get 7@3000 ?????
        The guy that built is say`s the RPM`s makes up for it
        He also told me that he put the wrong spring on mine and thats why I get 3000psi
        Said I should have had a blue spring
        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-18-2008, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Memory might be off but didn't Rick try to help you with this and you pulled a navysuit and told him how he was wrong?
          good memory ben

the pump you listed is for pulley drive. i rather doubt you will get the psi and gpm under load.

numbers don't lie.

3400 rpm on your import engine will be a matter of time before it

remember what the guy sold you, i told you it was wrong. guess what, it's still wrong

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

WOW thats a load of help

How you gonna put a belt on this???

I think you looked at the wrong pump Rick

Theres a ton of hours on it now, I dont know how long before it kicks a rod but it`s still running strong.
            I used it at Wal-mart for 9 hr`s straight last friday night and was thinking this thing is gonna blow up....rotflmao
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-18-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              Ok Rick, this one`s for you

Here`s a link to the pump and gear box I have on my jetter
              http://www.udorusa.com/pages2000/plungerframes.html

I have the GC 26/20-S
              WOW thats a load of help

How you gonna put a belt on this???

I think you looked at the wrong pump Rick

Theres a ton of hours on it now, I dont know how long before it kicks a rod but it`s still running strong.
              I used it at Wal-mart for 9 hr`s straight last friday night and was thinking this thing is gonna blow up....rotflmao
              i think/ know you posted the wrong model number. try the 26/20 gr

i can only work with the info you provide. can't read your mind yet

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

try this link for the proper specs.

GC 26/20-GR7.0300018 HP Gas8.0UD-10UD-346 lbs.
                rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

If you read what was posted you got to "Click on "G-Series" under "Plunger Pumps"
                  The Pump
                  GC 26/20-S 7.0 3000 15 HP Electric 8.0 UD-10 UD-3 36 lbs.
                  Then with the gear box
                  GC 26/20-GR 7.0 3000 18 HP Gas 8.0 UD-10 UD-3 46 lbs
                  Thats the info

Where does the belt come in????
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

maybe this will help ya???

Comment

I have the GC 26/20-S
                      you posted the model # read it for yourself.

if you posted the proper # then i would have known you didn't need a belt.

p.s. a 15 horsepower electric motor is way stronger than a 18h.p gas engine.

my 18h.p portable jetter is rated for 3000# at 5.6gpm.

just because the pump is capable of those #'s doesn't mean your set up will handle it.

with all the prior research i posted months ago. there was not 1 jetter co that claims to put out 3000# at 7 gpm with a 16 h.p gas engine or even an 18 h.p gas engine.

do your test and prove me wrong. put a tach on your engine and see if your's will rev to 3400 with a 3000# load on it

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

RICK YES I POSTED that the "PUIMP" is a GC 26/20-S
                        The Gearbox "DRIVE"is a GC 26/20-GR
                        Forget it

I put in a call to a pump guy and I`ll find out something in a few day`s but thanks anyway

Comment

Pump makes a certain dispacement(flow) per revolution. 7 gpm is at some rpm, probably 3400 as that is pretty standard for small engines. verify this with pump mfr. Pump is rated for 3000 psi. That means more than that and they expect seals to give up.

Pumps like this make FLOW, not pressure. Pressure just happens as a result of forcing flow through a restriction, like a nozzle. If your pump is healthy, and you are making the rpm, it is making the flow, end of story.
                          You can test its output as you've discussed by timing it to fill a barrel.

Some of that flow can fail to make it to your nozzle because it is bypassing. To stop this, just crank the unloader in, or remove it. With enough flow on a small enough nozzle, you will overpressure the pump, etc, so be careful... a piece of grit in an orifice can send pressures way high... that is what the unloader is for really.... it is a relief valve to protect the system from overpressuring.

Run at full RPM for your 7gpm and,

If your engine bogs before you get to max pressure cranking the unloader in slowly, it is too small.

If you get to max pressure before you bottom the unloader, and the engine still seems happy and is at full rpm, but you are still bypassing, your nozzles are too small to take full advantage of your pump's capacity.

If your engine is at full rpm and happy, and you can't crank the unloader in enough to get to full pressure, and you are not bypassing, your nozzles are too big. Or you are cavitating the pump because of inadequate supply water... watch for a jittery psi gage and bad sounds like rattling nails in a can to recognize this... also a softish or sucked flat supply hose. This is very bad for the pump.

If your engine is at full rpm and not bogging, and you can't crank in any more pressure, any you are still bypassing, something is wrong with your unloader... unless you run a foot pedal or a wand or something that can shut off your hose, you don't need it anyway... throw it out and control pressure with rpm.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I`m bypassing long before I`m bogging down the motor. I`m thinking the nozzle`s are to small???? I cant kill the motor but I can bog it down a little.
                            It has a bypass spring for something like 3200psi as I was told but who knows????

I do have a wand for washing off the backhoe so I`d like to keep the unloader.
                            With the wand on I cant bog down the motor much at all if any.
                            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-19-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I`m bypassing long before I`m bogging down the motor. I`m thinking the nozzle`s are to small???? I cant kill the motor but I can bog it down a little.
                              It has a bypass spring for something like 3200psi as I was told but who knows????

I do have a wand for washing off the backhoe so I`d like to keep the unloader.
                              With the wand on I cant bog down the motor much at all if any.
                              unloaders I am familiar with are adjustable; big plastic handle you can crank in to set relief at whatever pressure you want... just bottom it if you want it all, but this can overpressure things if you are forcing too much water thru too small an orifice. changing sping on mine changes the RANGE of psi I have decent control over. I pretty much just bottom the unloader and am careful not to deadhead it, control psi with rpm.

sounds like your nozzles are too small (still bypassing at rated psi)(or your hose too long or too small, causing extra restriction before it gets to the nozzle), and your engine is borderline too small (the near-bogging)
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X