X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky

Looking at craigslist today and I see a spartan 1065 for 250. Go out there and it's being sold by a retired rich guy. His old house had a root problem but his new house is good so he hasn't used the 1065 in 2 years. He told me he'll drop the price to 200 then he saw the military sticker on my truck and told me he'll give it to me for a sewer inspection. He only wanted me to inspect his main but I also did all his secondary drain lines as well.

I'll have to buy an autofeed, new cable, and an air switch. Also need a lot more lead for my pencil if I plan on using this thing. I've had my k60 for about 1 1/2 years and it's spoiled me with the weight issue. I plan on keeping the 1065 in the shop(shed) and using only in emergency situations. It's weight nullifies keeping it on the truck full time but you can't beat the price.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Lucky

Nice score! You must have some good karma. (as Mrs. seatdown would say)
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Ben! You are the luckiest !##$$!!@* out there. Working in Plumbers Fantasy Land!

Glad for you. Good people deserve good things.

J.C.

Comment

Ben, awesome pick up. That machine looks pretty good for its age to. Make sure you check the motor brushes as well if your rehabbing the whole thing.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

glad you got it. you'll need the auto feed bracket also.

check the cable and see how bad it looks.

it will run the .66 spartan magnum and also the 3/4'' cable.

remember the more cable in it. the heavier it gets.

forget the auto feed for now. do it like us old timers use to

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I can't even believe how good of shape that thing is in!

Like i said, you can have this set up for very little to an air pedal and power feed by ordering these few parts:

03411400 - Distributor arm bearing Assembly

04221000 - Model 75 power feed

44162000 - Electric to air conversion kit

This will cost you just over $500.00, but you will have a machine that is worth over $1800.00 for sure.

Great job! And like you said, if you use it on one or two jobs it will be paid for.

Call Allan J. Coleman for the parts.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Good score.

Comment

Here's a pic of the cable. It was a pigtail, 2- 50' sections and a flexible leader. Wasn't kinked to bad but not going to try to salvage it. I'll wait till I see a good deal and get the parts then. Like I said, this will only be used for extreme situations. I think the cable alone weighs more than my k60 and 150' of sectional cable.
                Attached Files
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

is that 3/4" cable?

I would not be afraid to use it on light blockages. No heavy roots and it should be fine. It does not seem rusted to badly.

I have seen guys run worse cable than that and get by just fine.

Dude, you are lucky for that find.

Comment

I think it's .66, I'll measure it later. I have it for sale on craigslist. I was thinking of using duracable's oil tempered hollow core cable in this. Compared to my sectional cable, this cable is trashed.

You mentioned the distributor bearing arm assembly; was that just for info or do you think these are a trouble area and will probably need to be replaced? I handturned the arm assembly and it's very smooth. I can spin it and let go and it'll make another revolution before it stops. This is with no cable.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

When we talked earlier this afternoon you were asking about adding a power feed.

The bearing assembly you have now does not have the swing bolts for it to mount to so you would have to add the part that I posted. It is basically the same thing, it just has the flat spot with swing bolts for mounting the power feed.

It is not necessary if you plan to run it without.

What are you asking for the .66? Just curious

Comment

You're living a good life Ben.It's things like this that show it.

Comment

50, for you, figure out how to get it there and it's your's free.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Here's a pic of the cable. It was a pigtail, 2- 50' sections and a flexible leader. Wasn't kinked to bad but not going to try to salvage it. I'll wait till I see a good deal and get the parts then. Like I said, this will only be used for extreme situations. I think the cable alone weighs more than my k60 and 150' of sectional cable.
                            ben the cable seems straight from the way it lays.

how bad is it rusty and how about the drum?

maybe run it with some light weight oil and see what it looks like.

try marvel mystery oil. it's in auto parts stores.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Looking at the spartan website today and was thinking of getting some things, tell me what you think

-pm motor conversion kit, this will take care of the air switch problem at the same time. Is this the smart motor that spartan talks about?
                              -autofeed and parts to make it work
                              -3/4 oil tempered duracable. Is this a good cable? I'm trying to fill the niche that my k60 can't fill so I'm looking for something big.
                              -the toolbox kit, is it worth to buy the whole thing or is it better just to piece it together?
                              -the ez loader, how well does this work? I'd have to get the 1065 in the back of a truck to give a visual of height.

As I said, there's no rush on this stuff but I want to plan now in case I see something on ebay.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X