X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jetter tried to kill me

I was called out to a job that I use to use my K-7500 on. I thought I`d try the jetter as it`s a real hard place to get to. You have to back about a 1/4 mile down a little path covered with trees.
    Well I had to work about 20` from the C/O`s as a tree had fallen right on the path.
    I pulled a little to much hose out of the C/O when I was back jetting and it took off like a Rocket! I liked to crap my pants ducking the hose while it was in flight.
    Damn thing was trying to get me before I could get it shut down.....rotflmao

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: My Jetter tried to kill me

You got a little cocky pulling the nozzle back didn't ya? "A little more, a little more, ok water is spraying out of the cleanout now, but I'll pull back just a little more."....
    Anyway, glad you didn't get hurt.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It's times like that which makes you considered adding a remote reel set up.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

did it blast the needles off that tree in the pics? glad you didnt get hurt

Comment

Lucky. There was someone that worked for one of the Municipalities that got killed from there truck jetter. Same thing as what happened to you. Those jets for the cities are big chunks of metal on the end of a whip.

And I think he was wearing a hard hat. You might have to do some Googling but it's true.

Anyway, glad you're ok. And a great reminder to us all of when we get on that edge of safe, but we're trying to get done, to slow down and be able to go home.

J.C.

Comment

you really need a bright orange leader hose. a remote control shut off, a foot valve, a high pressure ball valve or a helper.

try painting/ taping some bright colors on the last 10' or so of your hose.

i made a remote control shut off for my big jetter that i can control from 200' away.

my smaller jetters i use a foot valve or a spray wand.

all my hoses are properly marked for footage and safety.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              You got a little cocky pulling the nozzle back didn't ya? "A little more, a little more, ok water is spraying out of the cleanout now, but I'll pull back just a little more."....
              Anyway, glad you didn't get hurt.
              YEP that's just what I did but next time I think I`ll just say "That`s enough"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                you really need a bright orange leader hose. a remote control shut off, a foot valve, a high pressure ball valve or a helper.

try painting/ taping some bright colors on the last 10' or so of your hose.

i made a remote control shut off for my big jetter that i can control from 200' away.

my smaller jetters i use a foot valve or a spray wand.

all my hoses are properly marked for footage and safety.

rick.
                And you are glad he didn't get hurt, right Rick?
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  did it blast the needles off that tree in the pics? glad you didnt get hurt
                  Yep I had a truck full of em. I drank down my Ice Tea and found a few had went down my straw that was setting in the truck cab....lol

Comment

I'm glad you didn't get whipped bad with the flying hose. They hit hard and dig in. YEEEEEOUCH is a mass understatement.

Anyway, Rick has a great idea of the bright color leader hose. If not that, then some way to color code the last 5 or 10 feet.

This reminds me of a painter that had the hose bust on his pressure washer. Let's just say I heard a few words that I don't think I've ever heard before. He just took off running as the hose whipped all over the place. Finally someone (Police officer in the area) took a shot with a 30_06 rifle and shot the tip of the spark plug off. Engine stopped. The *&^%$#@ came to an end and while there was property damage, no one was hurt other than in ego.

================================================== ==================================================
                    Please post a few pics of the tree as it is now. We would love to see it.

Comment

It was really strange how it all went down (or) OFF if you may

I saw it pop out of the C/O and started to reach for the water cut-off, it was like slow motion. I heard a noise and looked up as it just missed my head by inches. I started to run then heard it hitting the truck like a hammer. I ducked down real low in a full run (( Like that was gonna do something...lol )) Dove inside the back of the truck and hit the key and grabbed the water cut off lever at the same time. Seem like it took for ever but I bet it didn't....lol
                      I remember it laying on the ground before it took flight and didn't think much about it other then shut it off but it took flight and I was lost after that..... Wild stuff I tell ya, wild stuff.
                      You never stop learning if your working

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        Please post a few pics of the tree as it is now. We would love to see it.
                        I didn't get any after I moved the truck, sorry never thought about it.Would have been a cool picture
                        I was just glad that I had all my windows

Comment

Glad you are okay! That must've been one hell of a scare. What type of jetter were you using (specs??)
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

We`v been working on getting the real specs but it was to be a 3000PSI @ 7GPM

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              We`v been working on getting the real specs but it was to be a 3000PSI @ 7GPM
                              according to a published formula,

h.p. required =(psi x gpm / 1100) gas engine #'s

3,000 x 7 = 21,000/ 1,100= 19.09 h.p

2,500 x 7 = 17,500/ 1,100= 15.9h.p.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X