Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drum man coming out of the closet

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I like the k50 for 5/8 cable because it spins at 400 rpm vs 600 rpm for the k60. The slower speed gives me a better feel with the smaller cable. Plus this gives me the excuse to buy another machine. The k50 isn't absolutely neccesary but it's good to have.
    You know I didn't even consider the difference in RPMs between the two machines. 200 rpms to me is significant. How does 5/8" cable handle at that speed? Sometimes I think 400 rpm is fast.

The K60 hasn't even been delivered yet and I already have buyers remorse.

I bought a 7/8" trap leader today. I know I can get a 1-1/4" open wound cable to go around a 4" trap with a leader on the K1500.

Can I expect to get the 7/8" cable to go around a 3" trap?... a 2" trap?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Thats not a good thing
      it will be interesting to see if you still feel that way after it`s the only machine on your truck???

If you dont like it I`ll give ya $50.00 for it as I can always use it for a jackstand

I run my top snake pretty slow most of the time. 400 is way faster then I would want to go on a kitchen sink line with the black muck
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

You know I didn't even consider the difference in RPMs between the two machines. 200 rpms to me is significant. How does 5/8" cable handle at that speed? Sometimes I think 400 rpm is fast.

I bought a 7/8" trap leader today. I know I can get a 1-1/4" open wound cable to go around a 4" trap with a leader on the K1500.

The 5/8 cable with the 60 runs a little different. On a straight run, the 60 works better but for turns, I like the 50. The faster speed almost makes it bind up faster. This is important-the easiest way to change the machine from 7/8 to 5/8 and vice versa is to loosen the setscrew and place the cable in the machine(turned off)and press the handle down. Turn the adjustment thingamajig until the handle rises or lowers to mid level. Tighten the set screw and you're set. I wasted alot of time trying to figure this one out. It's funny you mentioned the trap leader. I just got in 2 that I ordered last week. I plan on only using this for my innercore cable. The 7/8 cable is flexible enough where you won't need the trap leader. I can get a 7/8 cable through a 2" pvc 90. It'll go through a 3" ptrap but a 2" is stretching it. I won't steal Rick's thunder and will let him go further into detail on that one.

I can't promise that you'll like the 60 since you've already tried sectionals but it will get the job done. Get some innercore cable and it'll become a true mainline machine.
        Last edited by gear junkie; 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          I run my top snake pretty slow most of the time. 400 is way faster then I would want to go on a kitchen sink line with the black muck
          I'm the opposite. I got the trigger pressed all the way down. When the cable is coming back and almost out the drain, I will slow down.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This is important-the easiest way to change the machine from 7/8 to 5/8 and vice versa is to loosen the setscrew and place the cable in the machine(turned off)and press the handle down. Turn the adjustment thingamajig until the handle rises or lowers to mid level. Tighten the set screw and you're set.

Good to know. I haven't even had a chance to put my hands on a K-60 yet. (this shows how much faith I have in the Forum advice) I thought it was just a lever that I flipped to change cable sizes.

I wasted alot of time trying to figure this one out. It's funny you mentioned the trap leader. I just got in 2 that I ordered last week. I plan on only using this for my innercore cable. The 7/8 cable is flexible enough where you won't need the trap leader. I can get a 7/8 cable through a 2" pvc 90. It'll go through a 3" ptrap but a 2" is stretching it. I won't steal Rick's thunder and will let him go further into detail on that one.

Are you saying it might go?

I can't promise that you'll like the 60 since you've already tried sectionals but it will get the job done. Get some innercore cable and it'll become a true mainline machine.
            Innercore cable?? What are you guys doing to me?

Ridgid doesn't offer a innercore cable for the K60

Now I need a separate cable source?

Am I missing something?. I thought the openwound did a better cleaning job of scouring the pipe. Or are you saying that for harder stoppages the inner is more betterer?

Help me ... I'm new here

Comment

I'm the opposite. I got the trigger pressed all the way down. When the cable is coming back and almost out the drain, I will slow down.
              I have a 39 and a Milwaukee. They spin way to fast to run em with trigger pressed all the way down. I would have cable wrapped around my neck. Going slow sometimes I have seen em bind up pretty good so I just take it easy till I find the clog.

Comment

I also have the k39, haven't had a problem yet. Does the milwaukee stop as soon as you let off the trigger?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yea but if your going fast it will try to brake your wrist or fly out of your hand.

I have a little cobra on a stand that I use most of the time anymore. I junked the cheap cobra cable and it is now my favorite little machine. I`ve been thinking about sticking my cordless on it and then I know it will be my favorite little machine

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    yea but if your going fast it will try to brake your wrist or fly out of your hand.
                    It's funny you say this. The question of wrist torque of the k39 was asked at the roundup and I was the only one that said it was excessive. Maybe I need to slow down the rotation.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe

Comment

I just tap the trigger on the K39, I have pretty strong arms and I feel it's little kick when hit full on. But I kinda like that it has power better than some drill motor that makes brush smell that is dieing from the over load. All Clear I bought one of those Cobra machines when I was 50 miles from home and needed a 3/8 cable snake that was longer I needed 45 feet for the job, man yes that cable kinked the first job what a joke, I thought about buying some good cable for it but I don't like the way the controls on it are, to hard to use for me.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i accidentally got a 7/8'' cable with auger through a 2'' roof drain with trap.

cleared the line and discovered it was 2'' with a trap

fortunately i found a location in a t-bar ceiling to remove my cutter and cable.

the male and female coupling will not make a bend in a 2'' n.h. trap. don't know how i got it through in the first place, but it didn't want to come back.

Innercore cable?? What are you guys doing to me?

Ridgid doesn't offer a innercore cable for the K60

yes and no

they have it for their european market. it's a matter of time before it's here. price is higher than you might like

Now I need a separate cable source?

Am I missing something?. I thought the openwound did a better cleaning job of scouring the pipe. Or are you saying that for harder stoppages the inner is more betterer?

Help me ... I'm new here
                          crack, slow down.

the regular cable is great. i like the inner core for the extra stiffness in 6'' pipe.

get your hands on the k-60 and you'll be thanking me all the way to the bank.

remember, your 1 of us now

go team geritol

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

ben, are you telling me you can't handle a 1.1 amp/ 132 watt motor on a k-39?

and i let you beat me in arm wrestling

wait till next year

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Cuda the one I use looks like this one

I took out the crap cable as you stated it was junk after the first uses.
                              I like it because I can run 50` of 5/16 with no problem. I bet I could go 75` but right now I just have 50`s in it.
                              I also took off the crapy foot switch and just run it by hand.
                              Now I love this little POS

Comment

Yea mine looks like that but blue frame I put it in my other guys van but when I was in Home Depot they had a K39-AF that somebody returned and it was marked down to $175 so now he uses that but has the cobra as a backup for longer runs. Anything longer for me I use the K60 nowdays or my little mini gas jetter.
                                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                                X