Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable "WARNING"

Do not buy any Dura Cable and run it in a K-7500
    This cable is 4 weeks old. It never had a real hard job in the 4 weeks. I am in shock!!!!!!

This is the end that was hooked to my 25` of Ridgid I/C 3/4
    The Ridgid cable is the straight one in the picture and is 8 months old

I will be calling Dura Cable and see if there is by chance maybe a refund I could get for this substandard cable. Took me an hour to get it out of the machine today so I could go back to the 3/4 IC Ridgid Cable
    I will never do this again
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Cable "WARNING"

Holy smokes, what a differnce between the two. What kind of cable was it exactly? Innercore, IW? I would definently ask for some money back. Try that oil tempered hollow core out and let me know how you like it. That's what I was planning on trying with my spartan. Maybe you should get a job as a cable tester for companies?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've got 2 slight bends in my fairly new Mytana 11/16 non inner core that are troubling me I don't think it was my fault. I've been slow on the drain cleaning end so they aren't over used . Go figure 1st time I've had trouble with them that I don't THINK was my fault.

You might like general inner core. we abused that one with no trouble

Comment

It was the Inner Core with Nylon Core. I wanted the Wire Core but they talked me in to trying this one out.....errrrrrrr
        I`m just gonna stick with the Ridgid Cable from now on unless they change it again....errrrr??????? I know what I can do with it and how long to expect it to last.
        This time of the year I do about 1/2 of what I do during root season. This cable wouldn't last one day in root season behind the 7500. I never did a root job with this cable if that tell`s anything. I had one job that had a few turns in it that I have used the Ridgid cable in many times and never had a problem till I changed to Dura Cable.
        Cost the same as the Ridgid cable and I had to put Ridgid ends on it.

I just got done installing a new 100` 3/4 IC Ridgid cable and tested it....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say!
        I feel like doing a sewer now

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          It was the Inner Core with Nylon Core. I wanted the Wire Core but they talked me in to trying this one out.....errrrrrrr
          I`m just gonna stick with the Ridgid Cable from now on unless they change it again....errrrr??????? I know what I can do with it and how long to expect it to last.
          This time of the year I do about 1/2 of what I do during root season. This cable wouldn't last one day in root season behind the 7500. I never did a root job with this cable if that tell`s anything. I had one job that had a few turns in it that I have used the Ridgid cable in many times and never had a problem till I changed to Dura Cable.
          Cost the same as the Ridgid cable and I had to put Ridgid ends on it.

I just got done installing a new 100` 3/4 IC Ridgid cable and tested it....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say!
          I feel like doing a sewer now
          Its just inexperience thats all

Just messin with you....Ever use Spartan cable?
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

i ran an oil tempered hollow core dura cable in my 7500 for well over a year and never had an issue with it once i cut 20' off the end of it. that was 2 years ago

although the specs show 125' capacity of 3/4'' cable. i can tell you from experience that it will fit when properly loaded new, but not when used in the real world. the cable will get hung up in the drum and will get bent and twisted.

never broke the cable and only a small bend at 1 spot.

and yes that cable has cleared roots in 4''-6'' pipe for 100-200 hundred jobs. and dura cable has ridgid ends they installed from the factory.

the purpose of the nylon over steel inner core is to keep the cable from rusting together and turning into a solid non flexible rod.

still the best cable i ever used was the ridgid aircraft inner core. this had 7 strands from what i remember.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i ran an oil tempered hollow core dura cable in my 7500 for well over a year and never had an issue with it once i cut 20' off the end of it. that was 2 years ago

although the specs show 125' capacity of 3/4'' cable. i can tell you from experience that it will fit when properly loaded new, but not when used in the real world. the cable will get hung up in the drum and will get bent and twisted.

never broke the cable and only a small bend at 1 spot.

and yes that cable has cleared roots in 4''-6'' pipe for 100-200 hundred jobs. and dura cable has ridgid ends they installed from the factory.

the purpose of the nylon over steel inner core is to keep the cable from rusting together and turning into a solid non flexible rod.

still the best cable i ever used was the ridgid aircraft inner core. this had 7 strands from what i remember.

rick.

I heard so much good vibes on the ridgid aircraft inner core....Do they still make it???
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                I heard so much good vibes on the ridgid aircraft inner core....Do they still make it???
                You had to go and get him started Nope. Not anymore. No matter how much begging and pleading he does
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  You had to go and get him started Nope. Not anymore. No matter how much begging and pleading he does
                  actually i still have 1 brand new 100' cable still in the box. since i'm a sectional man now

it could be parted for the right price. i know it will out last and out perform anything out there. it was the cable that made me the go to guy.

when it wouldn't clear, i would get the call and go to it

yes, i've spoken to ridgid and even gave them a sample a year ago to look at. i'm still waiting for christmas 1 day

if it returns, i might become a switch hitter

i'll put my 7500 back to work

but for now, my sectionals are king

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks to Rick's tip I bought a Duracable 3/4" oil tempered hollow 100' In May 2007 and it is still going strong, so far over 100 cleanings using my k-750. I'm very happy with it's durability.

Comment

Rick I have been running 125 of 3/4 IC in my 7500 from day one."2 Years"
                      I found that the trick is to install the 25` first then the 100`.

When that Dure Cable was new it was trashed on the first C/O. I do that same C/O tomorrow along with 16 other ones. I bet my Ridgid cable will still be like new when done and I have already done 7 jobs with it.

My Dura Cable didn't come with ends on it and when I installed the ends I though I was gonna brake the cable as they didn't fit right.

How could a cable be so screwed up all the way to the end that`s hooked to another brand of cable ???? I say you cant get any better proof the that!
                      The Dura cable is trashed and the Ridgid cable is still nice and flat and working to this day

Comment

Thinking about this Steve. I think you're in the wrong business. You might want to look into relining or trenchless repair. Your town has the worst sewers in America for you to have that kind of workload.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I am not a believer in trenchless repair so that wont work. I feel trenchless repair is a big rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            I am not a believer in trenchless repair so that wont work. I feel trenchless repair is a big rip-off.
                            I'll bite. Why?
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Because it is .....lol

My reasons very from experience.
                              We just bid a dig and replacement of a trenchless job
                              My master plumber wanted me to get the equipment to do trenchless until I showed him Why I was a nonbeliever.

Trenchless like many other things in our trade has it`s place but is not the right way to do things. It`s hacking!!!!!

1. if there's a belly they have a head that will straighten it out and leave a void below. The Void will leave a place for the pipe to settle causing another belly.

2. If you are bursting and there is a large or any root for that matter you've only move it out of the way but it will be back and cause the same problems.

3. A patch is only just that "Patching up the problem" to come back at a latter time. There's a reason why you needed to patch it and you need to address that problem from outside the pipe.

4. Pulling pipe will stretch the pipe and it will take it`s original form some day leaving a void at the connection points. "Seen it many times"

I could go on and on. You just cant replace the Plumber and Backhoe if you want it fixed right.

I know Rick does this kind of work and in no way am I calling him a hack but if we were to bid the same job I bet I would get it after I explained the whys on "Not to go trenchless"
                              I`m just a nonbeliever because I have gone along behind crews replacing their work with a backhoe and correcting the problem they couldn't do from inside the pipe.

"Just Say "NO" To No-Dig"

Comment

Working...
                              X