X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .66 magnum VS 3/4" cable

What's the difference? Why does the .66 cost so much more? Does the .66 offer any benefit over a 3/4' inner core cable?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: .66 magnum VS 3/4" cable

You mean tell me that after a full week not one of you "drum men" have an opinion about a drum cable? I guess that's why we're so much better with our sectionals-we actually know something about them.

I'm here all night folks.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've used them in the past. What I can remember is the .66 magnum was stiffer than the other cables but I don't think they last any longer because we don't use them anymore because of the cost.

Sorry, not much of a help.....

Comment

ben, if i'm not mistaking the .66 magnum cable is comprised of 2 wires that are braided together to form 1 cable.

right? wrong

i only own 1 spartan 300

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          You mean tell me that after a full week not one of you "drum men" have an opinion about a drum cable? I guess that's why we're so much better with our sectionals-we actually know something about them.

I'm here all night folks.
          Being how I have a 7500 I don't think that cable is offered by Ridgid is it?
          As far as I know the cable I`ve been using is the only one they have???

Hey ask me about Dura Cable
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I called Spartan today and they said the .66 is wound tighter and is stiffer, stronger and lighter than inner core 3/4. I'll wait till "cable destroyer Steve" gives his reviews to buy one.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben
              Due to the amount of work that it took to test the last cable we have CLOSED our R&D Cable program.

Really does it look like I need to buy anymore cable...
              I have 125` of new 3/4 I/C in each K-7500 and all this.

I`m sticking with what I know and that`s the Ridgid 3/4 I/C cable that I have been using. I think Ridgid should be sending me some kick backs with what I have spent in the last month in cable....lol...

Comment

Why stick with the ridgid IC? In 7 months you'll be asking us why it's so bad like before, just remember this thread. Try the .66 magnum so I know how the cable holds up. Come on, try it out, all the cool kids are doing it.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben
                  If I ***** about the Ridgid cable again just please, say two words to me, please???

Dura Cable

That clown there told me he`s got guys buy it that have K-7500`s ... He`s full of it!!!!!
                  Or they haven't tried it yet cause it was junk after the first sewer it did with my K-7500!

Here's an Idea,
                  How`s about you try it first then after your review I might give it a chance but till then I`m "Ridgid all the way"

I`m going home and find my Birthday Wellers&Coke and blow stuff up with the Kids. They love my home made fire works that I do every year

Comment

Because I have a k60 that gets the majority of the work done which actually doesn't compare to your workload. You would be a better tester. Have fun with the birthday and be safe blowing stuff up.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben
                      I`m gonna blow up a teddy bear tonight
                      I think it`s still my birthday the party goes on

Anyway I really think you would be a better tester as I seem to be stuck with the Idea that my Ridgid cable is the best I can buy anymore.
                      I think you would have a more open opinion at this point. I`m getting kinda closed minded anymore on Cables

Comment

You, closed minded, no way. You're the most open minded person I ever met.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I`m glad you see me that way
                          most people seem to think it`s the other way around

Comment

Working...
                          X