- 4.67 miles – 12” Force Main
    - 18.05 miles – Gravitational Main
    - 1.95 miles – 4” Force Main
    - 1.39 miles – 6” Force Main
    - 0.31 miles – 8” Force Main
    25 lift station manholes
    - Inspection and analysis of Infiltration & Inflow
    - Cleaning

what I don't have I can rent. to do the job ?
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: how would you bid this ?

by the foot

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
      26.38 miles of Sanitary Sewer – Flushing, Cleaning, and Televising
      - 4.67 miles – 12” Force Main
      - 18.05 miles – Gravitational Main
      - 1.95 miles – 4” Force Main
      - 1.39 miles – 6” Force Main
      - 0.31 miles – 8” Force Main
      25 lift station manholes
      - Inspection and analysis of Infiltration & Inflow
      - Cleaning

what I don't have I can rent. to do the job ?
      appleton, are you sure you are qualified for this and can actually deliver the finished product that the specs require?

if this is not something you've done, this is not the job to be bidding.

i for 1 would never even think of attempting this type of work

i know jrsaltz just did a smaller version of this type of work.

send him a p.m. for some input. last i heard he was in jamaca man

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have done several jobs of this type but for an employer not as an owner. So bidding it is new to me.

For the lift station I have also done these before, I do have the breathable air equipment already to do the inspection of the lift station.
        Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Do you have 2 or more vac cons or pipe hunters,6 men,one essment machine, 1pear point van with 2 tractors .a good contract writer and money to lasted at lest 8 months,extra insurance and a someone to mgn. Just this job.

Comment

Its true you can rent all of the equipment needed to the job, but it is not cheap.

A pan and tilt crawler is a $1000-$1500 per day to rent. The shipping will cost nearly another grand ONE WAY just for the crawler system.

How are you going to access the forced main? In my experience there is limited entry to these types of systems. I just went through this myself inspecting several thousand feet. I had to go through a valve pit from one side of the system and through the end point at the treatment lagoon. It was not as easy as I had thought. I had to drain the entire system and have it pumped out so we could see each joint and the condition of the pipe.

Do you have a large jetter for the flushing? Vactor trucks or large trailer jetters can be rented but a CDL will be necessary for the driver of the truck. Plus the insurance to cover the truck during rental will be costly and most likely will not be included in the rental price.

Lift stations will require confined space entry equipment due to the limited entry and egress. This means more rental fees and training unless you own the equipment already and have trained staff. Be sure to have permits posted at each opening!

What bonding and insurances will be required? I have had to fork over lots of money to do some of this large scale work so be sure to cover your bases.

Please do not think I am discouraging you from doing this. I would go for it if you can be sure all things are considered. I know what guys are charging around you for this type of work and i am sure you will have some of them bidding on the job as well. There are several large companies that travel all around southern WI, IA, IN and northern IL just bidding tons of this type of work. I have beaten them 3 out of 3 times so far and have been able to still make a good buck.

You will have to have several guys helping on this project as mentioned here. The 18 miles alone will take a very long time to clean and inspect especially if you run into some heavy cleaning and root cutting.

If you want you can send me a PM and we can talk specifics as far as prices and i can refer you to some of the companies I have rented equipment from here in the Midwest area.

Also, if you need extra guys on the job should you win the bid maybe we could drag up the big jetter and all my other toys and give you a hand. You are only a couple of hours away.

Let me know if you need help with anything.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I do have the confined space entry equipment and I have been trained and certified thru an old employer.
              As far as the inspection I have a company who will do it for .10 a foot or this is what it break down to. I do have a jetter a driver with a CDL for the vac con or whatever I will use.

Just looking for any helpful hints as to I have never had to bid a job like this before, but I have done all the work with a past employer.

So please anymore insight would be great
              Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Over estimate & overbid.
                You're better off not getting the job, than getting the job to discover you can't cover the over-head halfway through it.

I've seen a few small co's go under when they can't cover payroll or bills before the next check.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  Over estimate & overbid.
                  You're better off not getting the job, than getting the job to discover you can't cover the over-head halfway through it.

I've seen a few small co's go under when they can't cover payroll or bills before the next check.

That's what I always do on BIG Job`s
                  So far I haven't lost one dime
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X