X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My jetter hose bursted today!!!

Aww hell my jetter hose busted today while jetted a line in some raggedy azz apartments!!...while i was jetting i felt something pop and immediately the pressure went way down. At first i thought the nozzle was pulled off because i could feel that the line was probally collasped at some point. Anyway once i pulled the hose out, it was split right down the middle(the first 5-6 feet of it). i was mad at myself because i new i shouldnt have been forcing the hose down those tore up apartments!!
    My question is shouldnt there be a mobile repair company who can cut off say the first 50 feet(alot of wear and tear) and just splice another 1/2" male end on it? sholud i expect to leave it at a hose repair shop for 3-4 days ? )= how much should i expect to pay for that type of repair? i was thinking of haveing them "flip" the hose after they cut it because it is 400 feet long but i dont know...what do you guys think?

lonestar

Re: My jetter hose bursted today!!!

it's much less expensive if you bring the hose/ trailer in than a moblie guy coming out.

figure about $20.-25 for the fix.

flip it yourself if you find a large parking lot or alley to allow you to fully unwind the hose.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I take it to a hydraulic co around my way. They cut and swadge a new head on there....cost me 15 bucks. If its an emergency, they will come to me for an extra 40 bucks.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

That's a hellava good price. Cheaper than buying a crimping jig.

Lonestar: whatcha using to protect the hose? Sharp corners and edges like CI clean-outs kill a hose in no time.

Comment

Where do you buy your hose? I use Parker hose, and bought enough at one point they threw in a crimper. I carry a spare piece about 150' long in case I need some more length, or to finish with if I blow out a hose. About the first 50' gets tore up pretty quick, within 6 mo to a year. I get about 400' at a time, then cut it back and recrimp as I wear the end, then flip when I get down to 250' as that is a pretty minimum length for me. The still good short section becomes a ~150' extra piece when it gets so worn I don't trust it anymore.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Leaving it at a repair shop for a couple of days, has gotta be the most expensive way to go.
            If you`re truely serious about jetting, you`ve got to have either the Synflex crimper or a homemade hydraulic crimper, bolted onto the side of your truck. A burst hose takes 10 minutes to fix, then straight back into the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
              Leaving it at a repair shop for a couple of days, has gotta be the most expensive way to go.
              If you`re truely serious about jetting, you`ve got to have either the Synflex crimper or a homemade hydraulic crimper, bolted onto the side of your truck. A burst hose takes 10 minutes to fix, then straight back into the drain.
              Could you post a pic of your setup?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                I take it to a hydraulic co around my way. They cut and swadge a new head on there....cost me 15 bucks. If its an emergency, they will come to me for an extra 40 bucks.
                what hydralulic company do you use? Philadelphia area?
                we had a hose burst and the hydralulic co we took the hose to would
                not cut it and fix it,they said with the high pressure hose (4000psi)
                that they did not want to be responsible if it broke again and hurt
                someone

Comment

Could you post a pic of your setup?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X