Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.






    Snake the cleanout outside, the cable goes up the bar sink, snake the bar sink, the cable goes up the wall into the lav drain.

    Ran my mini seesnake in the bar sink drain, marked the location, then ran my camera in the 2" cleanout, marked my location, broke open the floor in the middle of the customers office, and ran into this baby......again.

    I ran into this type of fitting twice before, the time before last it was in the middle of a living room under slab......Jackhammer time.

    The second picture is the fix.
    sigpic

    Robert

  • #2
    Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

    a drop head wouldn't work? nice job robert! i miss those days........

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

      I forgot to mention, I used a drop head, I was exactly 10' from the cleanout, used a drop head, marked the cable, bent the cable, the whole nine.

      I even ran the camera into the bar sink, to block the left side, and then ran the cable from the cleanout, and tried to wedge it down, no can do.

      I did them a favor, when I removed the fitting, it was packed with hair and other debris, solid.
      sigpic

      Robert

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

        a true plumbers nightmare.

        that almost looks like some St. Croix plumbing (the before pic).

        good job

        steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

          robert, i hate to be the one to tell you that all rubber/ unshielded bands are not legal within the structure. only outside of the structure.

          sorry

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            robert, i hate to be the one to tell you that all rubber/ unshielded bands are not legal within the structure. only outside of the structure.

            sorry

            rick.


            Yeah, I already know this, I had no choice at all, the existing cast was shot, better this then have a leak. I used regular no-hubs and the rubber was not soft enough to seal.

            worse things happen I am sure. Better to seal, then to have a small constant leak under the slab.
            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM.
            sigpic

            Robert

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

              Nice neat work. Could You share The sales process that got You the 2nd 1/2 of the project?
              We all know You did the customer a favor to correct this problem. A lot of plumbers would have turned this situation .into a milk route for the future.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                When I have that problem I use Teflon Tape to help seal the No-Hub Bands
                Some times my inspector will let me use the flex couplers but most of the time I`ll try the Teflon Tape first
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                  Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Nice neat work. Could You share The sales process that got You the 2nd 1/2 of the project?
                  We all know You did the customer a favor to correct this problem. A lot of plumbers would have turned this situation .into a milk route for the future.

                  Not really a sales process, I really don't use a process, I just tell the truth.

                  of course the fact I couldn't clear the line was an indication it needed to be done.

                  This was a first time customer also, from the internet, to have to tell them I need to tear up their office concrete floor, first meeting, could have been bad.

                  All you have to do is tell the truth, know what you are doing and be confident in your experiences.
                  sigpic

                  Robert

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    When I have that problem I use Teflon Tape to help seal the No-Hub Bands
                    Some times my inspector will let me use the flex couplers but most of the time I`ll try the Teflon Tape first

                    Good point, I have found the shielded all rubbers now, so I will be using those in the future. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't gonna be a leak, which would have been way worse then using an all rubber under the slab, in clean fill dirt.
                    sigpic

                    Robert

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                      Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      Not really a sales process, I really don't use a process, I just tell the truth.

                      of course the fact I couldn't clear the line was an indication it needed to be done.

                      This was a first time customer also, from the internet, to have to tell them I need to tear up their office concrete floor, first meeting, could have been bad.

                      All you have to do is tell the truth, know what you are doing and be confident in your experiences.
                      Your last sentence is the best sales tactic I have.

                      J.C.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                        I might would have put in a flush floor cleanout though. If possible.

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          I might would have put in a flush floor cleanout though. If possible.

                          J.C.

                          It's under a wood floor, in a residential office.
                          sigpic

                          Robert

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            When I have that problem I use Teflon Tape to help seal the No-Hub Bands
                            Some times my inspector will let me use the flex couplers but most of the time I`ll try the Teflon Tape first
                            Silicone caulking around the pipe while the rubber is peeled away, then roll it over the pipe like you do when you cut a fitting into a stack.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Easy Snake Job.....Yeah Right.

                              Silicone doesn't have a very long life span as we see it fail on motors all the time. I have never seen Teflon Tape fail so that's why I use it. I just roll the rubber back and rap the pipe then roll the rubber back forward and slide the band around it. Seem`s to work pretty good.
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X