X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing gloves

This is what I use and where to get them.

-general plumbing-home depot has great fingerless gloves MFG Model # : 2007L I used to make fun of people who wore gloves on the jobsite till I got a pair of these. Very nice.

-drain cleaning-ugly gloves from duracable

-nitrile/latex gloves-stopped using these. I use tactile gloves by gojo from advance auto. 1 pair has lasted for about 2 months and they're washable.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Plumbing gloves

On a semi-humorous note...
    One the advantages from not wearing gloves...I can grab a hot pan from the oven for my wife without pot holders as she stares in horror.

Comment

I believe I buy high hazard nitrile gloves, good wearability and go through a box every two months.

GJ,

I hope you have separate laundry setup in your house; washing your clothes doing the stuff we all do can make what you bring home very dangerous for little ones, wifey included. You're immune/resistant to what you come in contact with everyday.

It's the shoes/clothes, anything especially including gloves that if washed even in a separate load, it can cause problems. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't happen.

Now that I think back to my years as a union service plumber, the girl I dated had horrible health problems when we dated, slowly got better after we parted.

She'd be the one to put my clothes in the washing machine all the time, I would even peel my boots off but she'd always move them, bare handed and think it was okay.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks for the heads up but financial/space limitations mean no extra washer. Never had a problem before, knock on wood. Might wash an empty load last with hot water and bleach to disinfect the washer.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I believe I buy high hazard nitrile gloves, good wearability and go through a box every two months.

GJ,

I hope you have separate laundry setup in your house; washing your clothes doing the stuff we all do can make what you bring home very dangerous for little ones, wifey included. You're immune/resistant to what you come in contact with everyday.

It's the shoes/clothes, anything especially including gloves that if washed even in a separate load, it can cause problems. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't happen.

Now that I think back to my years as a union service plumber, the girl I dated had horrible health problems when we dated, slowly got better after we parted.

She'd be the one to put my clothes in the washing machine all the time, I would even peel my boots off but she'd always move them, bare handed and think it was okay.
          Is it possible it was the company she was keeping?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
            Yer on a freaking roll tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

Of course!

I was nas-T

Dirty hands I was ....not enough soap, I'll stop at this point to protect the sick and injured.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i stopped using ugly gloves on the sectional as the high speed was actually heating/ melting the gloves between my thumb and index fingers.

i now use leather gloves and nitryl gloves underneath. great when you have a dr. in the family. i don't get a box, i get a case at a time

i too have fun with hot food at the restaurants. i always grab the plate from the waiter while they're trying to keep from burning me. in amazement i ask them to please re-heat the food as it's cold

the sharper waiter already have me pegged as a construction worker.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I don't grab the cable around my thumb. I wrap my thumb on top and just grab the cable with my fingers. This way, if the cable really tries to kink up, I won't lose my thumb.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gloves have been an issue for me for some time, especially jetting in winter as my hands have been frozen enough times in the past that they now have very poor circulation. I've given up hoping for warm, just trying for not numb and useless during the job and in horrible pain as they thaw later. The best thing I've found is thin wool liner gloves with the fingertips cut off worn inside heavy, loose rubber gloves. I shuck the rubbers when I need to do something, usually lay them on the exhaust heat shield on the jetter so they warm up a bit.

For snaking, I use the same rubber gloves, which is less than ideal as they like to get caught in the cable. If I keep them wet with a little soap, sewer gunge/grease, or spit it is better, but still a pain. Leather works nice but they get wet and nasty and stay wet and nasty til they get dry and shrunken and stiff and nasty, so I've pretty much given up on leather, though I've thought of sewing some leather patches to rubber or leather over rubber but not yet tried it... I've got used enough to the rubber it's not too big a pain.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

(holy crap crap crap!)

Comment

I use Grappler gloves for the machines....They last awhile and dont heat up that fast. Under them i use rubber gloves that my wife gets from the hospital.
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

i use the thin wall nitrile atlas gloves and there machine washable..

Comment

I was using medical-type nitrile gloves from Wal-Mart. But, in their tool section, I found some that are actually heavier and larger - easier to get on. It even says "plumbers" on the box. Of course they're more expensive, but worth it. I wear them when rebuilding toilets, and will use them under the mitt when cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                            X