X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-39AF Problem

I run my k39 with 2 speeds-either feathering the trigger to go through the trap and down the tee or balls to the wall trigger pressed down. Haven't bent any cables yet.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This thread's helped me make up my mind: I've ordered a General Power Vee instead. Should be here early next week.

Comment

Well then you just ordered a very nice drill not a snake. sorry
        General power vee has a nice cable and thats it. I actually have a general cable in my k39-af love the cable hate the snake.
        Last edited by Cuda; 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Plastic is fantastic
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Plastic is fantastic
            plastic don't rust. plastic don't dent.

my metal milwaukee snake has been sitting 20 years and my k-38's, and k-39's get used almost every day. i keep 3 in the truck. one of them has the chuck conversion that will run every last inch of cable. and will get through what others can't. only problem is you need to handle the cable.
            then i have the older auto feed. this was pre dual feed. and of course the newest dual feed. the advantage is the ability to snake and retrieve while still rotating in the same clockwise direction.

yes my older k-38's have a bigger drill motor. but i'm snaking, not drilling. the new one is lighter and has plenty of power and torque for what it's designed to do. plus the rear power cord exit has saved me from replacing tweaked cords. a good improvement over the common bottom cord exit.

remember to open your metal/ aluminum drum to scrape the corrosion out. my plastic inner-drum only needs soap and water to make it clean

and when you wear out those cable grippers, you wish you had an auto feed or a chuck.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

HE HE HE , Knew You'd take the bait ! Now finish Your wife's list
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                plastic don't rust. plastic don't dent.
                Good, because it comes with a plastic case to protect it in the truck. I'm not planning on rusting or denting it while working. It also has two plastic cartridges for the cable.

and when you wear out those cable grippers, you wish you had an auto feed or a chuck.
                What luck! It does have an auto feed!

Comment

To retract the cable, the machine has to be in reverse which means it could potentially unwind. My k40 was operated the same way and I really never had a problem with it. I never used the super vee but I think you'll be happy with it.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                    Good, because it comes with a plastic case to protect it in the truck. I'm not planning on rusting or denting it while working. It also has two plastic cartridges for the cable.

What luck! It does have an auto feed!

herk, that auto feed is the old school auto feed that ridgid had on it's original design.

it's been replaced with the new dual auto feed.

with your's you need to reverse the motor to retrieve the cable. and when you're trying to negotiate a tuff trap, it will get old trying to go forward, reverse, forward.

the ridgid unit will retrieve a cable while still spinning in a forward/ clockwise direction. this also prevents you from loosing your catch of the day

don't drop that aluminum drum with a cable in it, or it will spin off center. guaranteed.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, he followed your advice on the k60. He's listening to Tool on the super vee. You'll be okay, not everyone has to buy everything you buy. I want to, but I'd be broke, happy, but broke.

One thing I do notice Herk is that drum design. Looks pretty easy to lose some meat off that spinning drum.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Herk, I'm very happy with My Super Vee . You'll love Yours. Solid as a rock!

Comment

I have a 10 year old superVee, and though clearing drains is not my primary work, it has paid for itself many times over. Wish I had the power feed model though, the slide lock chuck is a pain in the ***. Not 1 problem with it mechanically.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Herk, I'm very happy with My Super Vee . You'll love Yours. Solid as a rock!
                            i'll sit on this quote for that special time

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I own the K39AF. Bought it on a tip and it was a good deal. (Thanks B) Have friends that have the SuperVee & PowerVee. They haven't had dented drum problems to my knowledge. And they toss them in the back of their trucks often (not in the case). The cables are good also.

If General Wire would improve their autofeed (may or may not be necessary) then I think it would be the superior machine.

However, I've never heard anything good about General Wire's service. I myself have tried to call them with no answer, return of call, or return of email.

Look how many times someone had an issue about a Ridgid product and a tech picked up on it to try and resolve it here. That's worth something.

Both will get the job done.

J.C.

Comment

Rick, just how many shares You holding these days???

Comment

Working...
                                X