Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-39AF Problem

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Rick, just how many shares You holding these days???
    i wish

i looked into it, but ridge is owned by emerson electric. ridge is only a small slice of the pie

but i do own a lot of their product

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

In the last 30+ years I have owned drill type drain cleaners made by General, Marco, Milwaukee and Ridgid and found them all to have served their purpose. I am halfway considering a new K-39AF as I have only used my current truck K-39 once but my electrician friend who borrows it sure likes it so I may give it to him as a gift.

Mark

BTW: The Milwaukee worked but the chuck sure pissed me off a few times.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

BTW: The Milwaukee worked but the chuck sure pissed me off a few times.
        Yea my Milwaukee pisses me off all the time and I get tired of taking the drum apart to clean it. I don't use it very much anymore but it`s still in the trailer if I need it.

Hey, something has to set beside the K-39 to keep it company while I use that cheap Cobra machine....
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          Hey, something has to set beside the K-39 to keep it company while I use that cheap Cobra machine....
          According to lowe's website, your cheap cobra machine cost 275 while a k39af cost around 190. And then you had to buy a better cable so there goes another 50-75 bucks. Tell me again how you make out?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=cobra Oh how soon we forget.
          Last edited by gear junkie; 07-27-2008, 09:26 AM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I make out with my tongue but I`m sorry, you really dont fit in to my type of make out partners

Yes, it was almost $300 but I have now had it for 2 years and done a bunch of work with it and I can run 75` of 5/16 if needed I have 50` in it right now but have had 75` in there

I use it all the time because I don't have to hold the drill in my hand, so it`s much easer on my old tired body
            I just used it this morning at a hamburger joint thus why I`m up out of bed this early on a Sunday

I still need to set-up my coardless on it

BTW... it dont have Dura Cable in it either
            I think thats what it came with as the cable was complete crap from the big box store
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-27-2008, 10:00 AM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              According to lowe's website, your cheap cobra machine cost 275 while a k39af cost around 190. And then you had to buy a better cable so there goes another 50-75 bucks. Tell me again how you make out?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=cobra Oh how soon we forget.
              ben, i thought you were a navy seabee

looks like you're in intelligence

good job ben

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                with your's you need to reverse the motor to retrieve the cable. and when you're trying to negotiate a tuff trap, it will get old trying to go forward, reverse, forward.
                Yeah, but I knew that going in. My last drill-type was a Marco Pik-a-Pak and it worked the same way as the General.

Since the Ridgid k-39af is so cheap, I may pick one up and try it out one of these days. I try to be careful with my tools and hopefully I'll figure out how to afford a new truck soon and will be able to keep it protected.

Comment

Working...
                X