Ok time for change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok time for change

I've got two main drain calls and a toilet flange replacement, toilet reset with a swelled up foot from yesterday.

Time for heavy drugs and the notion I'll be sitting on $500 plus when I get home, in pain.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown
      Draintech the sectional is roughly $1,500. Or at least that is what I am told to put Rick's up on ebay for if something happens to him.
      My K-60 with 150' of 7/8" and 50' of 5/8" was $2200 new.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
        i now use a ground down phillips screwdriver for my pin key. a lot more user friendly and less chance of loosing it.
        I'm thinking about a wooden-handled awl. Haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          herk, if you go with the awl. grind the end to a 45 to assist in pushing the pin and keep from poking yourself. a 7/32'' shaft will fit perfectly.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            I've got two main drain calls and a toilet flange replacement, toilet reset with a swelled up foot from yesterday.

Time for heavy drugs and the notion I'll be sitting on $500 plus when I get home, in pain.

My first 25' of cable is destroyed. Just loaded the machine up, couldn't do anything with it as it's a corkscrew.

I'm almost positive that came from duracable as well....

Not only am I not long enough in the bedroom, I'm going to be coming up short in the drains today....jeez.

I'm looooookin' for some online counselin' today....little help? Little help out dere?

EDIT:

Oh cool! Montel Williams is on. Hopefully his tear machine is broke today....I'll do all the cryin'.

Comment

I use a 3/16x6 phillips screwdriver from northern tool. You don't even need to cut the end off and it works just fine. The handle is triangular so it doesn't roll off roofs. I think it cost 4-6$.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My first 25' of cable is destroyed. Just loaded the machine up, couldn't do anything with it as it's a corkscrew.

Not only am I not long enough in the bedroom, I'm going to be coming up short in the drains today....jeez.

I'm looooookin' for some online counselin' today....little help? Little help out dere?

EDIT:

Oh cool! Montel Williams is on. Hopefully his tear machine is broke today....I'll do all the cryin'.
                So what are you on today?
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  So what are you on today?

Blood sugar was 58 when I typed that.

Follow me to the next thread >>>>>>>>

Comment

I run a K1500 for main line stoppages and it does a great job. I would love to get a K60 just for the weight factor. By the end of the day I am pretty tired and my shoulders are killing me from carrying 120' 1 1/4" cable down basement steps.

Some guys dream of cars, I dream of drain cleaning machines and plumbing tools.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

EDIT:

I think durcable makes cable for sled style machines. so the drum is way bigger. thats why some guys might be having trouble with there cable. or there cable sucks. I'm betting on it being to stiff for smaller drums.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                        I think durcable makes cable for sled style machines. so the drum is way bigger. thats why some guys might be having trouble with there cable. or there cable sucks. I'm betting on it being to stiff for smaller drums.

I'll be the first to admit, I was running 4 sections and a leader in my 300 and that is way too much cable for the drum.

Heavier as well. I had that 4th section on there since last year and even though it's super heavy to get up and down steps, feels good to know I'm going out 102' before I grab the 5th section.

Most times, I never have clogs past 70' as the norm. I'm in suburbia land.

Now those 1/4" open hooks..............JUNK. But like I said......I shouldn't expect much for 18 dollars for a cable when I"m used to spending 55 dollars for the same....that lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                          I`m betting on their Cable just SUCK like they do!
                          Hey Dura Cable you can kiss this

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                            if you go with the awl. grind the end to a 45 to assist in pushing the pin and keep from poking yourself. a 7/32'' shaft will fit perfectly.
                            I tried a wooden-handled awl from the tool box last night and it works perfectly. And you don't have to turn it in any specific direction. It will double as a defense against rabid sewer rats!

Comment

I tried a wooden-handled awl from the tool box last night and it works perfectly. And you don't have to turn it in any specific direction. It will double as a defense against rabid sewer rats!
                              Just be careful not to forget it in the cable. It really does turn into a weapon as it goes flying through the air.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

theres one more reason to use drum machines

Comment

Working...
                                X