Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok time for change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Ok time for change

    Originally posted by MrsSeatDown
    Just be careful not to forget it in the cable. It really does turn into a weapon as it goes flying through the air. __________________
    Great! It will test my Ninja Kung-Fu skills.

    BTW - I picked up the new General Power Vee today. Nice. I don't remember them being that heavy. But then, everything seems heavy now.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Ok time for change

      Monkey grabs the peach.

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Ok time for change

        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Monkey STEALS the peach.

        J.C.



        That is the funniest thing I have seen on here in a while!

        "Followers of the Iron Hand styles immediately clench their fists tightly, with a crushing grip, and jerk the hand sharply back to the near hip, effectively ripping away the genitals. Massive blood loss causes death"

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Ok time for change

          Originally posted by Herk View Post
          Great! It will test my Ninja Kung-Fu skills.

          BTW - I picked up the new General Power Vee today. Nice. I don't remember them being that heavy. But then, everything seems heavy now.
          actually it will test your hide and go seek skills.

          i once had a spiral root saw drop off a roof and into the ivy or trees below. determined i will find it, i went down and grabbed my fancy metal detector.

          after 20 minutes and some old nails, coins and discarded cans. i gave up. found everything except the cutter that fell. maybe it fell in the tree and i wasn't even close?

          i felt like the search and rescue team that couldn't find steve facet 7 months ago but they did find 8 unsolved plane crashes

          rick.

          a word of real caution. the awl will make a deadly weapon if left in the female coupling when you engage the clutch. 600 rpm will toss that awl like a sling shot. i lost one too

          don't be forgetful
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Ok time for change

            Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Just be careful not to forget it in the cable. It really does turn into a weapon as it goes flying through the air.
            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post


            a word of real caution. the awl will make a deadly weapon if left in the female coupling when you engage the clutch. 600 rpm will toss that awl like a sling shot. i lost one too

            don't be forgetful
            Once again a day late and a dollar short. He'll catch up one day Joey.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Ok time for change

              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Once again a day late and a dollar short. He'll catch up one day Joey.
              See he takes my wise words and repeats them as though they are his own.

              Thanks Ben for being my witness!
              I love my plumber

              "My Hero"

              Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Ok time for change

                Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                See he takes my wise words and repeats them as though they are his own.

                Thanks Ben for being my witness!
                actually they are my words, just pasted by you since you have never seen me actually do this in real life. you took my real experience and posted it here.

                I've only flipped the pin tool a couple of times and you were never there

                correction, you did see me lose a real pin tool in the dark and neer found it. thanks joey good night

                but it's like leaving the chuck key in the drill press or lathe 1 time is all it takes to knock out some teeth or an eye

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Ok time for change

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  correction, you did see me lose a real pin tool in the dark and neer found it. thanks joey good night


                  rick.
                  Funny, sounds exactly like what I said as I was going to sleep
                  I love my plumber

                  "My Hero"

                  Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Ok time for change

                    Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                    i once had a spiral root saw drop off a roof and into the ivy or trees below.
                    My weapon of choice would have been what I use whenever I lose screws or bolts - a strong magnet. In your case, maybe on a cord while you drop it in from above the vegetation.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Ok time for change

                      Lately I am considering going 100% sectional!
                      I have a K-380 drum machine with 5/8" cable that I use for floor drains and kitchen lines (I use a drum for these to keep it less messy), but lately I hate it! I prefer the open-wind cable, the mighty K-60 has got me starting to hate drums.and I am thinking to sell it and just buy some 5/8" cable for the k-60 and do everything with the K-60 except for little stuff I'll use a top snake.

                      I haven't done a greasy kitchen line with a sectional in years, how do you guys like it, I remember I liked the sectional's cleaning power and ability to maneuver turns in the drain, but its always a mess pulling the cable back dripping with black grease. How do you sectional guys deal with that part?

                      P.S. Anyone want to buy a K-380 with 75' of 5/8" cable? The whole package is less than a year old and has wheels and a hand-truck bar, also it has a self-feed and nice foot-pedal.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Ok time for change

                        Welcome to the Dark Side

                        I spread out several layers of newspapers inside the sink cabinet. I find The Washington Post is very absorbant. If the top layer gets mucked up; peel it off and run the cable back in. Wrap it up the walls as much as possible to contain splashing. Cleanup is easy too. Still need a dropclothe on the kitchen floor of course.

                        I think Ben has a 'lightly used' K-380 to sell also
                        Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-30-2008, 07:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Ok time for change

                          I had a 3800 that has been sold for some time now. Then I do kitchen sinks you need the following items to make for an easy day;
                          -tubular pvc tailpiece with a garbage disposal inlet 1 1/2 and drill out the diverter
                          - 2x 1 1/2 tubular fernco-1
                          -1 1/2 pvc dirty arm
                          -1 1/2 fernco with a reducer that adapts to a rubber hose that's tied into the disposal inlet.

                          Here's how it works;
                          -take out the ptrap and either use the comprssion nut or use the fernco to attach the tailpiece with the disposal inlet in the up position.
                          -attach the dirty arm upside down so the opening is now on top than on the bottom.
                          -Attach the fernco to the sink's tail piece and connect the hose to the disposal inlet
                          -turn on the sink and snake drain

                          This allows you to run water while snaking the line so cable comes out nice and clean and only takes a couple minutes to attach. Give me a call if you don't get it. English is my second language after all.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Ok time for change

                            That's what I do. You gonna' give away our patent?!

                            J.C.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Ok time for change

                              Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Lately I am considering going 100% sectional!
                              I have a K-380 drum machine with 5/8" cable that I use for floor drains and kitchen lines (I use a drum for these to keep it less messy), but lately I hate it! I prefer the open-wind cable, the mighty K-60 has got me starting to hate drums.and I am thinking to sell it and just buy some 5/8" cable for the k-60 and do everything with the K-60 except for little stuff I'll use a top snake.

                              I haven't done a greasy kitchen line with a sectional in years, how do you guys like it, I remember I liked the sectional's cleaning power and ability to maneuver turns in the drain, but its always a mess pulling the cable back dripping with black grease. How do you sectional guys deal with that part?

                              P.S. Anyone want to buy a K-380 with 75' of 5/8" cable? The whole package is less than a year old and has wheels and a hand-truck bar, also it has a self-feed and nice foot-pedal.
                              carl, are you sure that the 380 has 5/8'' cable? it's only rated for 3/8'' or 1/2''.

                              truthfully inside kitchen sinks are the worst stoppage to come across. now if there were an outside c/o, we would all be home free.

                              i try to pull back the cable without spinning and directly into a 5 gallon bucket. then i take it outside and put in some liquid soap. hit it with the hose and wash it off.

                              i too have used a 1.5'' abs san tee and or a 45 to raise the c/l above the wall stub. i band it and put a tray under it to catch any water overflow. i have an aerator hose adapter and a cut off washing machine hose works great. but typically unless i need the water to help wash the line, i wait until i reassemble. if i hit it with a 5/8 cable and 4 blade cutter, it is clear. the water will help wash it down, but usually won't clean the cable unless it's hot and the cable is spinning.

                              if i had the choice and no c/o, i would use the vent pipe over taking apart the whole trap and 2 part waste.

                              rick.

                              are you sure about the 5/8'' k380?
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Ok time for change

                                Yeah, 5/8" I special ordered with the machine, the max size for this model.

                                Anyway, great tips. I like your 5 gallon bucket idea a lot Rick. And Ben's tee contraption sounds good, but a little too time-consuming...I'll have to give it a try.
                                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X