Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok time for change

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    Yeah, 5/8" I special ordered with the machine, the max size for this model.

carl, i can't picture 5/8'' cable in your 380 machine.

the specs state 100' of 3/8'' or 75' of 1/2'' cable.

how do you clean 1.5'' and 2'' with a 5/8'' drum cable?

why not just install 3/8'' and clean the 1.5'' and 2'' sink lines with that

use the k-60 for 2- 4''.

if you replace the cable, you might actually have better luck with it

just a thought.

but i still love the idea of getting 5/8'' sectional for your k-60

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good point Rick, maybe getting 3/8" cable for my drum would help. But the other benefit to scrapping the drum machine, and replacing it with a coil of smaller sectional cable would be added space to my van!
      The bucket idea is growing on me...the main reason I like the K-380 is the drum contains the mess....but its nasty to clean. I like like the idea of taking the sectional cable out and inot a bucket and then hosing it off outside...easy cable maintenance.

Quick question....can the 5/8" open wind sectional cable maneuver 1.5" drains turns? And what about 1.5" galvanized?
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Good point Rick, maybe getting 3/8" cable for my drum would help. But the other benefit to scrapping the drum machine, and replacing it with a coil of smaller sectional cable would be added space to my van!

had i known about the k-60, 8 years ago before i bought my gmc w4500 tilt cab, i would have kept my 3500 van. sectionals don't take up that much room and the k-60 does 90% of my work.
        The bucket idea is growing on me...the main reason I like the K-380 is the drum contains the mess....but its nasty to clean. I like like the idea of taking the sectional cable out and inot a bucket and then hosing it off outside...easy cable maintenance.

you will need to spin the cable as needed to help remove the sections. pull until it's tight and then disconnect and thread into the jaws to spin for a second. remove and pull.

Quick question....can the 5/8" open wind sectional cable maneuver 1.5" drains turns? And what about 1.5" galvanized?
        1.5'' is no problem with the auger head, bulb head and even the 4 blade head. durham 90's are tight, but 1 of those heads will fly.

if you mean a 1.5'' gal. water 90, no. nothing will turn in a water 90. it needs to be a sanitary sweep.

i will give you a big life saver.

cut the end off 1 of your sectional cable male/ pin ends 6'' from end. this will then allow you to make a 7' long auger end. run the cable in reverse to create the cutting action and forward to slip. remember the cable is wound opposite the auger cutters.

this trick is the best unknown one i have. it's the lifesaver on my 7/8'' cable for nasty 2'' lines.

don't share with anyone else or they will be the king of nastyness

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X