X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excavating equipment

what is everybodys machine of choice for sewer repair and replacement residential and light commercial. we sold our bobcat 331 and bought a cat 305cr due to our lovely carolina red clay, that machine so far has been unstopable, we also have a terramite t5 for easy digs, good money to be made if you have the right equipment

Re: excavating equipment

Cat 304 cr or JD 310D Backhoe for larger watermains/ Sewer mains Cat 312b or 320C excavators

Comment

youve got the big cats? now youve gone and made me jealous

Comment

My father does I just worked for him when things were slow and when I was growing up.

Comment

We have the little stuff too Aero!
          Attached Files

Comment

Cat 311 with a blade and articulating bucket. Nice small machine but has some power. Blade and articulating bucket make clean up a snap. With the right operator(being anyone but me) its a pretty good machine.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Newer Cat 420 Backhoe Loader. Older Ford 655 Backhoe Loader.

The old Ford is the real man.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Newer Cat 420 Backhoe Loader. Older Ford 655 Backhoe Loader.

The old Ford is the real man.

J.C.
                ewwwww Ford 655? Comeon man might have well said a Dynahoe!

Comment

New Ford/New Holland=Sucks
                  New Cat=Good
                  Old Ford 655=Great

You can trust me. I'd tell you if it sucked.

J.C.

Comment

No play toys for us old howlers here. This is what gets the real work done.

When there's some really big work to do see picture 2. Now this bad old dog really digs. He's got an old SKREEEEEING GMC 4-71NA Detroit Diesel in him too. Loads of noise but it does dig and hard.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Woussko, I like your "beast" in pic.2

J.C.

Comment

I have a 1990 Massey Ferguson 50 hx Extendahoe W/full cab and heater.

After many Equept. Auctions I found this x city machine with only 1700 Hrs. for $12,000
                        Sits a lot .but nice to have when I need it. It weighs in at 16,000 at the scale
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"The Monster At Work"

No way could I have this, but watch this monster working. Note how smooth it is. No bangs, jerks, shakes and the engine hardly grunts. Here's a real excavator for you if there is one. The video tells it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oz3ZZl_bO4

Comment

I use a JD 310SG w/ extendaboom, full cab, and ac coupled with a Kubota 161-3.

The 310sg has plenty of grunt to set manholes and smaller interceptors. I have plumbed over 15 Super Walmarts using only the John Deere and it was a ruby at all times. I have also used it on many residential lateral replacements. Thus far it has been a great tractor and it doesnt hurt that if you have to you can tram it job to job.

I have only put 200 hrs on the Kubota, but in this little bit of time I have decided that it is nothing short of bizzare that I have made it this long without a little excavator. With a full cab and a/c it spoils the operator and the 4 way blade make that little guy the berries for trenching and dressing ditch lines. Eventually I will add a thumb to aid in moving ductile and such. So far a great excavator.

The reason I even looked at the Kubota was I noticed that all the earth movers in the area had at least one 161 on thier jobsites.

Comment

Working...
                            X