X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Jetter

Our company currently owns three trailer jetters and is considering purchasing one or two portable jetters to clean restaurant drains. Has anyone had any experience with small portable jetters and if so, which models would you recommend? I am looking for something that will stand up to lots of use and that can get the job done.

Re: Portable Jetter

please spec. the psi and gpm you would like.

i feel that a minimun would be 3000 psi at 4 gpm. for 4'' and smaller. too much water and you can make a mess in small pipe. too little water and you might as well spit into it.

remember that gpm is the expensive part. psi is cheap.

anything in the 2000+ will cut the grease pretty simple.

electric jetters are very limited to smaller pipe. personally i wouldn't use on on anything larger than 2'' and that's at 1500 psi, at 2.1 gpm 2 horsepower 20 amps under load

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i have a ridgid kj 1750 with all the nozzles available---it works great with the spinning nozzle($120.00) for all pipe sizes up to and including 4"--trailer guys knock it, but ican park it right next to the drain and plug it into a 20 amp circuit--not hard to find in a restaurant-----mine works great for the small stuff--i just cleaned a 4" pvc sewer line and sent the camera down after and it cleaned perfect--gotta have the spinning nozzle,though

Comment

We love our trailer jetters, but as the business grows we simply can’t put a jetter behind each vehicle. We work in an area that is very spread out and our guys will often drive 100 miles round trip to retrieve a trailer jetter for a job. With fuel costs going through the roof, we are looking for an economical solution to the problem. We have been shopping for a portable jetter that works well and meets our needs. I have heard lots of negatives and few positives concerning portable jetters, be they electric or gas/diesel. I was hoping some of you would have experience with different portable jetters and through your feedback we can head in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaPlumin View Post
          We love our trailer jetters, but as the business grows we simply can’t put a jetter behind each vehicle. We work in an area that is very spread out and our guys will often drive 100 miles round trip to retrieve a trailer jetter for a job. With fuel costs going through the roof, we are looking for an economical solution to the problem. We have been shopping for a portable jetter that works well and meets our needs. I have heard lots of negatives and few positives concerning portable jetters, be they electric or gas/diesel. I was hoping some of you would have experience with different portable jetters and through your feedback we can head in the right direction.

If you give us what Rick had asked abou the specs. it would be alot easier to tell you.

Water Cannon has some good portable jetters
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I have some small jetters and hear is my recomandations,
            I have the 1750 electric ridgid unit not worth the time to use it compared to
            a small gas unit when doing steel pipe works ok in pvc and abs in steel or clay it can't propel itself around very many bends.
            For a small gas version I have a 2200 psi at 3gpm and on 1 1/2" to 2" lines it works great compared to the electric.

Next up for small I have a 3000 psi Gas unit at 5gpm it does the smaller drains great and will do 3-4 inch with roots with the rootranger ridgid tip. A little slow compared to my big gas unit but will get the job done and doesn't need a trailer.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

look at the ridgid kj-3000----if the 1750 is too small--you will like the 3000
              ive seen it work and it is a great, portable machine

Comment

Working...
              X