K1500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1500

I think my electric motor may be giving up. Maybe a capacitor on the forward rotation, reverse seems ok. Anyone have a tip that may be handy? I have replaced capacitors on motors in the past but never a forward reverse motor. I dont want to just throw on a new motor as they seem a bit high $$$$ Thanks for any help. I gotta go get the old 750 out and change the jaws now.

Re: K1500

Isn't it the same capacitor for both forward and reverse? Maybe the switch is worn out on one pole.

Comment

there's typically a starting circuit and that could be bad.

can you actually turn the motor and kick start it in a forward rotation? just be very careful and i would remove the belt as a precaution to your fingers and hands

if that doesn't work then,
      i would bring the motor into a local motor shop for proper assessment. might be a simple, inexpensive fix

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. It does still run with a jump start thats how I wraped up the last job of the day. I just hope I dont need to run all my cable in a tough drain the 750 has a hard time at 250-300 feet. (But it still better than a drum) Thanks again now i have the task of trying to find parts in this rural area. The ridgid rep in this town is doing good to keep me supplied in cutters have to have most shipped to me from Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Slate View Post
          I just hope I dont need to run all my cable in a tough drain the 750 has a hard time at 250-300 feet. (But it still better than a drum)
          750, what??? I`m lost
          you are running 250` to 300 feet with a K-1500
          OH MY
          I wont even do that with a K-7500 and 3/4 I/C cable
          I`ve got to be reading this wrong??????
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Confused here. I thought you said you can do up to 400' with the 7500?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

300 or 400 ft---what do you guys clean--the house line and the city main????? bet that saves the city some$$$$--i never ran more than 250 ft with my 1500 without putting in a cleanout--too much wrestling with the monster--i do like sitting on my bucket with my 6200 autofeed----man its nice

Comment

gear junkie I can and I have but`s it`s not real safe if you know what I mean. I try to not go over 200` if I dont have too!
                I keep 250` of cable in the trailer but I really dont like going any further then that.

plumberjr
                Most of the residential sewers I do are 100 to 125`
                I do have a few that are close to 200` in the old part of town.
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-05-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

all clear---my reference was to slate, as it sounded like he usually runs over 250 ft----i also have 250 ft, but id rather not use it --if i run into a sewer thats over 200 ft with no outdoor c/o, i strongly insist on puttung one in---out here, not many homes have outdoor c/o's---most are at the base of stack in basement--if there is one outside, noone ever knows of it, b/c the original landscaper covered it with 2 ft of topsoil and mulch and or trees---most homes here do not have a c/o outside, which makes cleaning tough, especially when someone built a wall in front of stack. also sux trying to snake with a 1500 in a basement full of junk----6200 is so much nicer,now--

was not knockin ya, just sounds like someone really works for their money doing up to 400 ft of sewer cleaning---no thanks

Comment

I must be a baby I start squirm when I have 10 cables 130+feet down a line most house connection lines in my area are only 30 metres 100feet.
                    Cheers
                    greg

Comment

Nope
                      I`d say you being smart and thinking safe

Comment

Working...
                      X