Fastest drain clear/unclogging?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fastest drain clear/unclogging?

Just curious, do you charge your regular price for a quick job? The same as if it took say 30 minutes to clear the blockage?

Comment

Yes-- i still have to lug all my expensive ridgid tools around in my sprinter-minimum 1 hour charge

Comment

As in all clears case -an elderly lady that hit the trip lever--i would not charge and have done my good deed for the week--and she will definately remember that

Comment

I agree. I do my share of good deeds. I hate charging for "easy jobs" but the more you do any certain job even the more difficult ones soon become easy to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            Me too. 1/2 second to trip the tub waste...boy, the customer sure gets embarrassed on those calls.

Ok, I can beat both of you with 1/10 of a second but I am REALLY SCARED to tell you what happened!!

Well, Ok, Im prepared to take my lumps.

Friday, our plumber was tied up on a water heater and we received a plugged tub call. I ran the call to see what I could do about it (not being a "real" plumber even though I own the license). Anyway, I have been dying to find out how well this General Kenetic Ram worked that I bought as an experiment. I pumped it up, placed it over the drain, squeezed the trigger, and bamm!!! 1/10th of a second later the stoppage was literally blown apart! I had all kinds of hair and soap all over the tub as it blew that crud out the overflow!

I guess that was more than 1/10 of a second because I had to clean-up, but I thought you might get a kick out of the story.

Ducking now.... waiting for incoming

spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

at least you didn't blow a pipe apart but you did forget about the overflow

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
                Ok, I can beat both of you with 1/10 of a second but I am REALLY SCARED to tell you what happened!!

Well, Ok, Im prepared to take my lumps.

Friday, our plumber was tied up on a water heater and we received a plugged tub call. I ran the call to see what I could do about it (not being a "real" plumber even though I own the license). Anyway, I have been dying to find out how well this General Kenetic Ram worked that I bought as an experiment. I pumped it up, placed it over the drain, squeezed the trigger, and bamm!!! 1/10th of a second later the stoppage was literally blown apart! I had all kinds of hair and soap all over the tub as it blew that crud out the overflow!

I guess that was more than 1/10 of a second because I had to clean-up, but I thought you might get a kick out of the story.

Ducking now.... waiting for incoming

i bought the ram too as the principal of it looks interesting.

but i guess a picture and real life are 2 different things.

long story short

after a couple of uses, it's sitting on my shelf, waiting for the right sucker to come around and want it

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I see it shooting marshmellows

Comment

potato gun
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I can imagine a kinetic water ram and drain cleaner and somebody wishing something had never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                        As in all clears case -an elderly lady that hit the trip lever--i would not charge and have done my good deed for the week--and she will definately remember that
                        I charged her
                        She told me the only reason she called is because her regular plumber was out of town. There for, I feel she is not gonna call again unless he`s out of town again.
                        If she would have not told me that it would have been a free-B

I don`t do work for her plumber so there's no reason to do his service calls for free just because he`s out of town.

I already give away to much of my work to give em all a-way for free
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                          I can imagine a kinetic water ram and drain cleaner and somebody wishing something had never happened.
                          that is NOT a pretty visual

steve
                          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

How ever long it takes to push a bathtub trip lever down is my best. I usually end up cabling the line anyway so it looks like I did something.
                            Lots of pop-up stoppages too.

There was this one job, a supposed mainline line stoppage in a large mall. No nearby parking either, you know the type of job. I was training a new guy. We head to the restroom not knowing for sure what the problem was. Turns out to be the middle of 3 toilets with clean water up to the top of the bowl. The new guy looks at me and asks what were gonna do. I say watch. I roll my sleeve up, pull on a glove, cup my hand and plunge it. Whooosh! Test flush it a few times with some paper and call it done. Lets get paid. The guy is looking at me like I'm crazy.
                            Normally I don't do that but it was a Fri. afternoon and I made it clear that it should be augured but since we were so damned far away from the truck and time to go home, sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Another job, the entire lower (sub) level of a parking structure's area drains were plugged. The customer explained they called 5 other companies but no one could fix it. 2 of the companies suggested digging it up.
                            So I look around and low and behold my gosh, a sump station with the cord laying on the ground. I plug it in and like magic the water drained down. I recommended hard wiring the pump, got paid and left. That job (if it can even be called a job ) took all of about 5 mins.

Comment

Working...
                            X