X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest drain clear/unclogging?

What's your fastest drain clearing or unclogging? Mines about 5 seconds.

J.C.

Re: Fastest drain clear/unclogging?

Mines3 seconds,,lol would need specific info size of pipe, entrance point,length, type of clog etc. etc.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

sometimes it's just a matter of turning on the disposal and holding down the stopper
      1 second

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

9/10 of a second .Just so I can prove I'm faster then Rick.
        I looked at it and the clog vanished
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I hold the trophy and video to prove it

7.78 seconds

Plumberscrack = Faster Blaster

Comment

Really don't know, whenever I show up, the clog just clears. Clogged drains fear me. I am known as the "Clog Whisperer".
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

My fastest time from the truck showing up to the truck with the check is 20 minutes. She's a repeat customer of mine and has a bad spot 10' from the c/o. I come out there once a year. I'm not sure for a secondary line but they usually take longer than a mainline.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Did a shower drain yesturday with my shop vac took about 5 minute to get to the job about two minutes to look at the drain and unscrew the cover and notice that the 2 inch drain was bushed down to 1 1/2 inch pipe. Knowing that I dont have they proper cable for my K60 yet for 1 1/2 traps spent another 2 minutes walking out to the truck and grabbing my shop vac bringing it back into the hose and pluging it in. About 30 seconds of running the vac in the drain. Then about 2 minutes of running water to make sure it was clear. So in all had about 11 1/2 minute on the job maybe 13 once I carried my tools back to the truck.
                Does this count or just when you are running a drain cleaning machine ?
                Ohh I take that back I whent to a job once where a little old lady had a tub drain that had been blocked for about two days before her landlord call me to take care of the problem me and my brother carried in the K38 to clear the line when we noticed that her trip lever on her overflow was in the up position took less than a second to push it into the down position and the tub drained great.

Comment

one wasn't actually a blockage. older west indian lady calls and says the new kitchen sink her son just installed won't drain. i show up and both tubs are about 2/3s full of grey soapy water. undo the p trap and get about 6 drops of water in the bucket. odd i think so i button the trap back up and reach into one of the tubs and remove the basket stopper. whoosh the water drains. do the same on he other side and whoosh goes the water.

this lady had never had a strainer/stopper in any kitchen sink. she never realized the stoppers had been pushed down and sealed the tub. she was so embarrased. BTW, i didn't charge her but was given 2 Johnny Cakes to take with me

total time was about 5 minutes. we chatted for about 15 minutes before i headed off ththe next job.

the other one was a shower not draining. by the time i drilled out the wallowed screws, and pried the grouted screen out probabluy 30 minutes had passed. i was greeted with a wad of hair that looked like one of Rick's pix of a root ball from a 3" line. 30 sewconds with the hemostats, 30 seconds plunging, 2 minutes running water, and the name of a mason to fix the bolloxed drain and i was out of there. IDID charge for that one.

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    I hold the trophy and video to prove it

7.78 seconds

Plumberscrack = Faster Blaster

well technically you didn't clear the drain

you cracked the pipe/ board

i actually cleared the stoppage

rick.

how bout the fastest threader

team geritol
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      sometimes it's just a matter of turning on the disposal and holding down the stopper
                      1 second

rick.
                      Just saw this thread right now.This was the response I was checking for before I capped.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        What's your fastest drain clearing or unclogging? Mines about 5 seconds.

J.C.
                        .05 yesterday

An 87 year old woman called me with a tub drain problem yesterday. I walked in the bathroom and flipped the lever on the tub drain
                        Seem`s she must have bumped it getting out of the tub and shut it off
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I forgot my stopwatch on this one.
                          The time it took to open the plug on a lav trap and watch the half sized toothbrush drop out along with wondrous soap scum and narly hairball.

Couple of disposals that went lightening quick too.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            .05 yesterday

An 87 year old woman called me with a tub drain problem yesterday. I walked in the bathroom and flipped the lever on the tub drain
                            Seem`s she must have bumped it getting out of the tub and shut it off
                            Me too. 1/2 second to trip the tub waste...boy, the customer sure gets embarrassed on those calls.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

She said that she didn`t even think it worked so she`s never tried it in 30 years
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X