X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my maxi rooter a little heavier today

I tweaked my 100ft 3/4" cable the other day and decided to change it up a bit. I always carry 2 extra 50ft cables for extra length. But instead of replacing the 100ft cable I ordered a 75ft stuffed it in and added a 50ft cable. Had to oil them up to get both in and I had my doubts if 125 really would fit like the specs say but they did. Makes it a little bit heavier but many times the clog is at 115 ft anyway and I have to add cable now that I have this setup I am sure the average clog will become 135 ft.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Made my maxi rooter a little heavier today

My particular machine claims 150' max. I've run 185' for as long as I've been cleaning drains. Haven't had a problem yet. There's nothing worse than not being able to clean the last 10' or 20' of line--cause you know it'll back up right in that section and they'll be calling you back.

Comment

My Maxi has 125ft. of 3/4" . i'm 65 , It;s getting harder to get it up on the roofs anymore.
      Rick may be right, I see a K-60 down the road. Maybe at 70 ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I keep my K60 on my truck at all times and use it the most now, I have 150" of large cable for it but if it is out past 100 I prefer my Maxi Rooter unless a roof or a small crawlspace.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Sounds like u guys go on roofs often--in the last 5 years i have snaked from a roof 1 time--why do u do this so often???--are there no access c/o's inside??

Comment

I go on the roof for ramblers with no basement or crawler house is built on a slab, no cleanout and it is just a little one story easier to hit the vent then pull the toilet and find out the closet flange is rusted etc. etc.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

this is the only way I do roof jobs
              I try to sale em a C/O but if not I`ll do it this way. I do maybe 1 a month
              Theres that damn bucket again....
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

[quote=plumberjr;165919]Sounds like u guys go on roofs often--in the last 5 years i have snaked from a roof 1 time--why do u do this so often???--are there no access c/o's inside??[/quot

the only time i go on a roof is to rodd the downspout
                or a block vent.

Comment

YES DIFFERENT AREAS AND DIFFERENT CONDITIONS;
                  IN THE SOUTHERN STATES AND IN SO. CALIF.
                  MANY HOUSES ARE BUILT SLAB ON GRADE, WITH NO CLEAN OUTS, OR WHERE THERE IS CRAWL SPACES THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO GET TO UNDERFLOOR CLEAN OUTS,
                  ALSO BECAUSE OF LITTLE OR NO SNOW MOST
                  ROOFS DO NOT HAVE STEEP PITCHES LIKE IN SNOW COUNTRY,
                  SO YOU SAVE A LOT OF TIME AND TROUBLE FOR
                  THE PLUMBER AND THE HOMEOWNER, BY NOT PULLING BACK TO BACK TOILETS OR KITCHEN/LAUNDRY WASTE PIPES
                  A GOOD TRICK
                  WHEN IN THIS CASE IS YOU CAN THEN FILL THE DRAIN UP TO OVERFLOW LEVEL SO WHEN THE SNAKE CLEARS BLOCKAGES IT FLUSHES OUT THE LINE AT SAME TIME YOU ARE STILL RUNNING CABLE
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Right on, Jerry. Here, the code says that you can't have cleanouts more then 20' from an opening. They have to be accessible. But code means little on the older homes with small crawl spaces. I would far rather go up on a ranch-style roof than pull the full toilet. I used to have flat-roof customers, too. (And I probably will again.) I remember carrying that General up my heavy extension ladder and I know durned well I wouldn't have an easy time of it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X