• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rough breaking-in for Impressionator

looks like a tight squeeze there steve

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      your right, had he been using a drum machine he might have been done in 1/2the time like I am.
      It`s 10:50 and I`m already back at the shop picking up my orders for the afternoon

Hey Herk have you ever done a photo lab ?
      my 10:am appointment took about 30 minutes to run 50` twice
      Wow nice drum machine. I didn't realize they made drum machines for little girls now.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It`s a little tight.
        I just set the machine on top of a few pumps and go to work. I do this line once a year.

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Wow nice drum machine. I didn't realize they made drum machines for little girls now.

Mark
          Now you know

Comment

Now you know
            It really comes down to what will work for you. I imagine that machine is considered somewhat of a disposable machine to you?

Mark

Comment

It really comes down to what will work for you. I imagine that machine is considered somewhat of a disposable machine to you?

Mark

it was when I first bought it but now it`s one of the only 2 machines I use daily.
              I had to find good cable for it but it`s now a real money maker. I use it on roof vents for kitchen sinks all the time. No more pulling the traps and making a mess and having the cable go up the vents for me
              It`s the reason the K-380 now sets in the shop

Comment

it was when I first bought it but now it`s one of the only 2 machines I use daily.
                I had to find good cable for it but it`s now a real money maker. I use it on roof vents for kitchen sinks all the time. No more pulling the traps and making a mess and having the cable go up the vents for me
                I guess my point was if you break something non repairable it does not upset like it would on your K-7500. I use my K-50 with a canister which basically makes it a drum machine when I want to run smaller lines. I prefer it over the drill guns as I can still use both hands to control the cable if needed.

Mark

Comment

I guess my point was if you break something non repairable it does not upset like it would on your K-7500. I use my K-50 with a canister which basically makes it a drum machine when I want to run smaller lines. I prefer it over the drill guns as I can still use both hands to control the cable if needed.

Mark
                  Not really as theres not much to it. I could replace the drill with any drill and theres nothing else that would go worng other then the cable. But yea, it wouldn`t be a big deal if something did go wrong. Now if it was the K-7500 I would like a big baby.

Comment

all clear, i agree drums definately are faster, mine has made sewer cleans a breeze--and why are sectional guys so defensive?????2 hours is a long time--i believe my drum will put out about 3240 feet in that time---
                    i admit, some drains can be a real pain,though--herk-- if you want to clear more lines quicker,,trade that lunchbox(k60) in for a drummer

Comment

funny as i use my k-60 instead of the k-7500.

i know i'm the only guy in the area that uses one.

i do jobs with my k-60 that others fail at with their drum machines.

today i did a job with 2 nasty 4'' lines. the owner told me the last guy 2 years ago was there for 8 hours

the first location i knocked out in under an hour

the second location at the crawlspace in the planter took 105' with 3 different cutters, finally getting it with my custom made auger.

i know for a fact, there would have been both an access issue and a cable issue.

the open wind cable took out roots for the first 20+ feet.

a 2.5'' sawtooth cutter would not get through it. so unless the drum had an openwind cable, it would not have had a chance to clear the stoppage.

tomorrow i look at it with the camera and see what's going on.

the couple is 84 years old and only needs 4 years out of it

their words, not mine

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the open wind cable took out roots for the first 20+ feet.

rick.
                        Hey Rick
                        I use a cutter to clear roots not my cable

If I want to bring em back so I can see em, I`ll just use a retriever

i do jobs with my k-60 that others fail at with their drum machines.

rick.
                        I have NEVER failed to clear a line with my Drum Machine

double blade cutter today

and lets not forget the BIG Fish with closed wound cable
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-12-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Whether I am using a drum machine or a sectional I think I can count fewer than half a dozen drains in 35-years which I could not clear (not to be confused with clean).

Mark

Comment

Hey Rick
                            I use a cutter to clear roots not my cable

If I want to bring em back so I can see em, I`ll just use a retriever

I have NEVER failed to clear a line with my Drum Machine

double blade cutter today

and lets not forget the BIG Fish with closed wound cable

lets see allclear. wasn't your first big post about all the retrievers you would break

remember i said the 2.5'' sawtooth cutter would not get through, but the auger would. a double cutter or a 2.5'' sawtooth still would not fit.

an open wind cable will grab roots it's entire length.
                            if you don't think so, then run your cable through ivy without any cutter and see what you grab. i know my cable will gab everything in it's path.

the open wind with the custom auger head is what cleared the line so that i can now camera the line.

this is a very large home in beverly hills that an 84 year old couple has owned for over 40 years.

the 2 separate cleanouts don't affect each other.

good luck getting your drum anywhere close to the under crawlspace cleanout in the planter. sure you could have assembled your erector set pipes, but then add another 20' to get out of the planter and onto the pool deck.

rick.

part 2 tomorrow
                            phoebe it is

Comment

........and in the right corner.....

Comment

good luck getting your drum anywhere close to the under crawlspace cleanout in the planter. sure you could have assembled your erector set pipes, but then add another 20' to get out of the planter and onto the pool deck.

rick.

part 2 tomorrow
                                you mean like this
                                I do it all the time and I set on my bucket and let the machine do all the work for me

Comment

Working...
                                X