X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats a fair and profitable rate to charge for your services

I`m the most expensive guy in town. I called the other competitors to see what their charges were. I am $5.00 to $30.00 higher then anyone and my phone never stops ringing. I get a few price shoppers and that $5.00 means the world to em so I figure they cant afford me anyway.
    I feel that I give the best service and my service is worth more than the other guys.

The question you must ask your self is "WHAT AM I WORTH?"
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      I`m the most expensive guy in town. I called the other competitors to see what their charges were. I am $5.00 to $30.00 higher then anyone and my phone never stops ringing. I get a few price shoppers and that $5.00 means the world to em so I figure they cant afford me anyway.
      I feel that I give the best service and my service is worth more than the other guys.

The question you must ask your self is "WHAT AM I WORTH?"
      See Atlass, it works!
      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

thanks SPODELEE and all clear.......the input is appreciated i also like what you said spodelee to deepshit in that commentary.....ive been in business for 6 months......and i charge and for my area mind u its i believe on the low side for a mainline 160....leader and floor drains 120....and kitchen and lav sinks 65.......its all i think in word of mouth and getting known.......but again thx for the advice

Comment

I`ve also been told that my bright Truck and Trailer has caught the eyes of many and gotten me some calls as well. They see it every where I go as it sticks out from all other cars on the road.
          After they see it for a while it`s the only thing in their mind when the sewer and drains wont flow
          I`ve been asked if I just drive all over town as they see me every where .

Comment

well thats a cool thing but when u first started out u didnt get a customized paint job for a truck did u....if u did great.........but as for you drining all over town ill tellya one thing if i know a good burger joint on the other side of town ill go there and let my truck be a billboard too.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              I`ve also been told that my bright Truck and Trailer has caught the eyes of many and gotten me some calls as well. They see it every where I go as it sticks out from all other cars on the road.
              After they see it for a while it`s the only thing in their mind when the sewer and drains wont flow
              I`ve been asked if I just drive all over town as they see me every where .
              When I was in Manhattan this winter for the Ashrae show, I noticed that NYPD would caravan around town in groups of five or six every couple of hours. I asked a cop why and she said it was part of their anti-terrorism plan. The idea was to maintain a "noticeable presence" in the city.

Ever since then I have been thinking about a weekly company lunch, where 10 or 15 of our trucks would caravan across town to a restaurant somewhere. Might just do that one of these days; probably get a bunch of attention! Trucks are simple but effective marketing thats for sure.
              spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by atlassdrain View Post
                well thats a cool thing but when u first started out u didnt get a customized paint job for a truck did u....if u did great.........
                Well as a matter of fact I did
                I also own a Body Shop and a Sign Shop
                It was easy for me

We did all of our own lettering inhouse

Comment

Didn't Cleaner Mag just have a story about not playing the price game. Just cover your nut. People will pay what your worth

Comment

I know you took a lot of joking comments about this post and I am sorry for it. But the truth is in most places your not allowed to talk to other businesses about what you charge it is called price fixing and is illegal, and you never know where big brother is hiding just waiting to catch someone unknowingly breaking the law.

Comment

Well in light of this new information. What's a HENWAY????
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Well in light of this new information. What's a HENWAY????
                        don't yo mean what's an Orange Gofer?

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

How about a Rolls Canardly?

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                            How about a Rolls Canardly?
                            Okay..okay,
                            At the risk of sounding like the guy going to the job trailer to get the sky hooks or, the lab worker going to the stock room to get a case of Fallopian tubes, I don't get it. Rolls Canardly?.

Please guys go easy
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I am not sure what kind of area you are in but I can tell you my prices for a K/S is higher than your mainline price.
                              You have to pay for fuel, truck maintenance, advertising and so on. oh and then you will need to get paid get paid.

We also called our competitors to see what the so called average prices were. We are around the average.

As said before the value added such as a Root-X product or a video inspection as you are on site are what could set you aside from the others.

We are trying to give the customer everything that they may need in a single call. Some of our competitors do not carry a portable or trailer jet and they also do not carry a camera. That is a separate call for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickman
                                Rolls Canardly?
                                Reference to a joke from the old movie, "Explorers." Alien kid tells about the Rolls Canardly. Rolls down one hill, canardly make it up the next.

Comment

Working...
                                X