X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a fair and profitable rate to charge for your services

im just very curious if there r ny/nj sewer jockies here id love to know what you guys charge from everything to a toilet and sink to a mainline stoppage.id love to know if im in the same ball park................all other input is welcome....thx

Re: whats a fair and profitable rate to charge for your services

ballpark, NY/NJ area Yankee stadium cost 1.3 billion

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Seems like a lot of money to spend on a ballpark they are closing. Instead of turning it into a museum perhaps they should just tear it down.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'll get back with you after I finish my olympic swim meet in bejieng.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Seems like a lot of money to spend on a ballpark they are closing. Instead of turning it into a museum perhaps they should just tear it down.

Mark
          They are that is the cost for the new one! Yankee Stadium is Scheduled to be torn down this spring!

Comment

Originally posted by atlassdrain View Post
            im just very curious if there r ny/nj sewer jockies here id love to know what you guys charge from everything to a toilet and sink to a mainline stoppage.id love to know if im in the same ball park................all other input is welcome....thx
            Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
            I was pulling your leg so to speak. It just seemed like that was a lot of money to snake drains.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Any time someone asks me "Just give me a ballpark price", I tell them "Sorry, I don't play baseball."

Hilarity then ensues on my part while they get all pissy/cranky/probably hang up on me/vow never to do business with me/like that had a snowball's chance in hell of happening anyways/and I knew that from the start which is why I made my snarky retort.........
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

let me see cost[direct and indirect] + overhead + profit= what i charge

Comment

Can You explain the FAIR part ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

nevermind if u guys r gonna make fun about it ...then dont bother.....geez

Comment

Why on earth would your competition post you their prices when you haven't even posted your own? Charge whatever you are worth and quit worrying about the competition.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Again, you haven't posted your prices either. And even if you did, nobody has any reason to post theirs for you.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It's kind of like asking someone how much they make a year.
                          Plus it all depends on the area your in.
                          Call your competition and ask their prices. Not that their price should dictate yours but, you don't want to be way over/under. Your prices should be whats fair and profitable to you.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Atlass, I think the point is that what is fair and reasonable is always in the eyes of the beholder.

Do not set your rates according to what your competitors charge. Set you rates according to your own overhead and compensation expectation. Then provide services that meet or exceed the value of the services that you provide.

In other words, you might have the most expensive drain clean in town, but if you provide first class service that far exceeds the service of your competitors, then there will definitely be a sector of people that find your rates to be very fair.

You could also have the cheapest drain clean in town and provide very poor service, but as long as your "service value" exceeds the price then that pricing strategy could also be successful. However, keep in mind that a low marketplace strategy always has more risk and a greater probability of failure.

Also keep in mind value added services that can be sold in addition to the primary service being purchased. Root-X for instance, is a value added service that if sold consistently, could considerably increase per call profitability. This added profitability could also allow you to lower your drain cleaning price for more market share. (I am not encouraging root-x here, just an example)

All that said, if I were starting my own sole proprietor service company again, I would be the most expensive guy in town who had exceptional service that could not be matched by my competition.
                            Last edited by spodelee; 08-16-2008, 04:14 PM.
                            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Even a drain cleaning employee knows what his company charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X