X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong

hi all,just hoping somebody can help,i have started new drain unblocking service/cctv etc.i have advertised /newspapers ,cards but have only recieved 2 callouts in 5 weeks. i am in southern ireland,poppulation is good,but what can i do to improve my buissness,any help would be great. regards noel.

Re: whats wrong

WOW,
    You're a loud Irishman.
    Welcome to the forum.

Lot's of information here,have you tried using our forum's search feature to look for what you want.We've spent hours going over the information you're looking for.
    ADAM

Comment

Just to add to what adam said, try the business section.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here, plumbers and drain cleaners are mostly seperate trades, in my state at least.

Many plumbers keep a drain cleaners number on hand, many drain cleaners keep a plumbers number.

You'd probably do well to get your name out with as many plumbers as you can.

Comment

WELCOME to the forum.

I like your user name.

I'm not sure what your area is like, but around here this is a slow time of year for me. Last year was my first and it was REAL slow but every week we make new contacts. This year is still slower then I'd like but we are doing 3 X's the work and 80% of it is from word of mouth ( you did some work for my mother or, you did a job for my brothers best friends father etc..) So I think the most important thing is to do the best you can at leaving a good impression with the few customers you have because they WILL talk good or bad.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

I like your user name.
            I thought it might be the name of his drain cleaning business

Maybe that's why his phone isn't ringing

Comment

It just takes time. Just keep putting numerous venues of advertising out there and it becomes a pick and choose scenario eventually.

Spending X amount of dollars and getting X return in a singular advertising campaign will be something not to your liking.

But remember, 1% return is actually very good and you accomplished that with your 2 phone calls.

2% is kicking tail on direct mail advertising.

Follow-ups to existing customers is really good as well...just keep the gimmicks and tricks to a minimum.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                I thought it might be the name of his drain cleaning business

Maybe that's why his phone isn't ringing

What do you mean? thats the perfect name for a business. Sh_t sells right? OH..Wait, maybe thats 'sex sells'

If only we could find a way to make the poo sexy. Don't get me wrong PC, I think your avatar is well on the way
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by INDEEPSHI-T View Post
                  hi all,just hoping somebody can help,i have started new drain unblocking service/cctv etc.i have advertised /newspapers ,cards but have only recieved 2 callouts in 5 weeks. i am in southern ireland,poppulation is good,but what can i do to improve my buissness,any help would be great. regards noel.
                  Your drain cleaning business is a service business, and service businesses are in the people business more than anything else.

Remember that your product is not something that can be picked up at the local store, which means it is hard for your existing and potential customers to compare value when considering where to purchase drain cleaning.

Consequently, in the beginning, your potential and existing customers are generally not going to choose your service from a flier or any other advertising -- that comes after you have established an image and a reputation in the community. In other words, people will respond to a flier or ad when they feel like they know your company because they are familiar with the firm. After all, they have seen your fliers in the paper for over a year know and their thinking... "they must be doing something right because I see them all over town and in the paper every week".

As a start up, concentrate on meeting people. Join a service club like Rotary or Kiwanis; join the local restaurant association; walk door to door and meet business owners and managers, especially restaurants, motels, hotels, and industrial facilities that need frequent drain cleaning. Hand out your business card everywhere you go and be vigilant about it; I mean everyone you come in contact with gets a business card. IMHO, every 10th person that has your business card will call you for service at some point in the following year.

Don't forget to present yourself as professional because your daily effort to make contact with people is in fact marketing, which is different than advertising.

After you have established a customer base by getting to know allot of people and you are busy every day, that's when you can start thinking about advertising (fliers).

Best of luck and don't forget, as of today, you love people!
                  Last edited by spodelee; 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM.
                  spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Sh_t sells right?
                    Yes sh!t does sale
                    did you know that 1lb of whale Sh!t is worth more then 1lb of gold?
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Is that why you decided to clean sewers, Steve? You got tired of swimming with the bucket behind Willy?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I just learned that the other day watching the discovery channel
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum InDeep. There are some great threads on advertising and driving business on here. I am curious to see if the same techniques are applicable across the pond.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                          X