X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobilehome sewer drain ?

I am a hvac technician by trade, however, I recently purchased a power drain cleaner machine, and I am thinking of seriously getting into this business during my off time. I will probably be purchasing a new machine soon,I am leaning toward the K-60 which seems to be popler here.
    My question is has anybody down a mobile home sewer line clean out. The access is under the skirting, and in the middle of the home. I can raise the drain pipe off the the line going into the ground for access. I was told that there is a trap about 3 feet down in the ground before going to the main sewer. anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks gentleman.

Re: Mobilehome sewer drain ?

The access here is behind the skirting (if they have a c/o) It could be on the left end, right end or middle. One thing I can guarantee you is, here in Maine it's in the most PIA spot possible.
    I've never seen or heard of a trap in the main for a trailer in Maine.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

I have rodded several mobile home sewers and it is no different than a slab type sewer.

Being from IL also, I would bet there is no trap but perhaps a back water valve if anything.

Traps are found under floor drains and according to IL state code NOT a sewer main or lateral.

Get a drum machine....you'll feel better about yourself that way.

K-60 = Just like at the roundup ehh boys?
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I`m a sewer/plumber technician by trade and I`m thinking about getting in to HVAC. I already have a set of gages that I charge my service trucks with. I have an ohm meter and other tools like screwdrivers and so on . What else should I get before I start to offer HVAC service with every drain cleaning? I would do this in my off time but I just don't seem to have any so I was thinking about just adding it to the service I already provide. Do two jobs at once, hey I`m already there, might as well do a few extra odd job`s while I`m there
        Cant be to hard as I have been side by side with other HVAC guy`s and it looks like even a monkey could do it

BTW...... Yes I have tons of experience with this

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-21-2008, 09:56 PM.
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Nice setup you got there. And don't be too harsh on fluepipe
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I just hope he knows what he`s getting in too????
            Hope he like the smell and likes to get sick from the stuff larking in the unknown
            Hope he`s got his shots
            If he`s got :"OFF TIME" working HVAC something is a miss here???
            It`s not as easy as just purchasing a new machine to become a "real" sewer technician. There are many out there that call them selves a sewer technician but I can tell you there are really a few that fall under that name.
            It`s more then sticking a cable in a hole and waiting on the gold rush
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              I just hope he knows what he`s getting in too????
              Hope he like the smell and likes to get sick from the stuff larking in the unknown
              Hope he`s got his shots
              If he`s got :"OFF TIME" working HVAC something is a miss here???
              It`s not as easy as just purchasing a new machine to become a "real" sewer technician. There are many out there that call them selves a sewer technician but I can tell you there are really a few that fall under that name.
              It`s more then sticking a cable in a hole and waiting on the gold rush
              I hear ya
              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Gold Rush? I think I'm workin' bad claim as all I've seen is fools gold (corn).
                I did find a rare type of brown nugget. It's got to be some type of gold cause' ya bite it and it's soft, taste kinda funny though.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

DUDE!!!
                  www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

i can only imagine the calls some plumber is gonna get when this guy f's someones house up---

stick to what u know---around here, we call guys that think they can master multiple trades HACKS---99% of the time they are--i fix theyre mistakes all the time---hacks make me rich---on second thought, the local plumber will love that ur gonna make him busy

if u do this, be smart about 1 thing---buy a drum machine--k6200, k7500--if u like wearing poo, then buy a k60--hvac customers wont like u being covered in poo

Comment

If you can do hvac (compentently) than plumbing is no problem. I do hvac, plumbing and drain cleaning. There is no slow season when you do all 3. I would say that you must have a full understanding of each trade to be effective. My customers like the fact they call 1 guy and can get the comfort needs taken care of.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Mobilhomes or as the affluent around here call them Modular home most are a PITA. I like All Clears photo I use the same thing wh my sectional. Love it when they leave the tires and axles on the darn things too. Good luck to you the last guy I bought out tried the two but was a hacker on the HVAC side and it cost him his reputation on the plumbing side.

Comment

i have worked over 55 hrs a week for the last 13 months--i dont know a slow season-----if service slows at all, i can pipe in boilers for the install guys--with my propress!!!!!!!

Comment

Trailers are a pain. But try rv's.... way worse. If I may, I will quote NHMaster;
                            Crap, crap, crapitty crap!
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Last week I had a moblie home that had just been fitted with new plumbing. It was full up to the hub on the trailer.I told the new guy at the shop that I was wet up to my neck but my feet were dry. Pumped it all up and came back the next day. Price Quailty AND workmanship pick two but you cant have all three.

Comment

Working...
                              X