Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-39AF stand

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
    40 reps everynight with my 36" pipe wrench getting ready for next years round up I am gunning for Ben!
    Aluminum or cast iron?

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      Aluminum or cast iron?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Aluminum of course do you know how heavy those cast iron ones are!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          Aluminum of course do you know how heavy those cast iron ones are!!!!!!!!

I've never seen a CI 36", so I can only imagine how heavy it is. I did buy a 24" CI and it is not light (this relates to JC's cheap, cheap, cheap thread; I had this plumber offer to come open the CO it for free, but I bought the tool anyway).

Comment

20 lbs... that is it?!? I thought they weighed more than that! Hmmm Dont worry Charles ill let you play with one next time I see you!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
              Were you able to go right through the basket strainer?

Also, do you guys go through the pop up or actually take off the p-trap when using the K39 on lav drains? I have always taken off the P-trap. On pedestals, its a bit more tricky.
              I mainly deal with older properties and don`t come across many basket strainers and pop ups, only once in blue moon do I disconnect the trap as it is too messy and the beauty of the K-39 it spines at 500rpm it is easy to feed the cable around a 40 or 50mm trap.
              The newer properties are all PVC waste pipes and these smaller waste pipes discharge into larger 100mm suspented drains under the floor or concrete slab and can be easly be cleared with a larger plunger which I have of all different sizes, but my Kyna Colt which forces compressed air down the waste pipe from soda bulbs and clearing the blockage is my favorite for these secondary drains.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                Were you able to go right through the basket strainer?

Also, do you guys go through the pop up or actually take off the p-trap when using the K39 on lav drains? I have always taken off the P-trap. On pedestals, its a bit more tricky.
                remember that on a bathtub and a shower, we typically have no choice but to snake through the trap.

now on a kitchen sink, going through the basket strainer is just a quick fix.

a small bulb will get around the grid, but how well do you think this little cable will clean out all the grease and grime of a kitchen line?

so i will either pump out the water and remove the trap to run my 5/8'' cable with 4 blade cutter on the k-50.

remember on a lav, you're going after a hair ball that will typically wrap around the cable. same with a tub or shower.

of all the drains i clean, a kitchen is always the worst when there is no outside cleanout or roof vent to work from. plus if you pull the trap, you have no water to help with the flushing process. of course you can rig up a hose to the faucet.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X