X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39AF stand

I like my K-39AF for small drains like bathtubs...but it is kind of cumbersome. It sure would be nice if there was a stand I could set it on, so I wouldn't have to hold it while I am cleaning the drain. Call me lazy, but I don't like holding the drain-gun with both hands while I am snaking, I like to have one hand free to feel the cable so it doesn't kink. The K-39 is too heavy to operate with one hand generally.

Has anyone built a stand for their k-39? I don't think Ridgid sells one.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: K-39AF stand

I am posting this because today I kinked my cable in a bathtub drain. I probably would not have kinked it if I had the machine setup on a stand, so I could focus all my attention on feeding the cable carefully, instead of holding the darn drum.

Comment

General makes one for their machines, maybe it could be adapted for the k39?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thought the same thing Carl. Got any scrap copper? Get creative. That's what I'm thinking of doing.

J.C.

Comment

I'll build one too I think. I am not sure yet of what materials or the design....I guess I better get to my drawing board!

Comment

And you can get some of that PlastiKote at hardware or the big box stores to dip the legs in. As you can see, I've been thinking about it. Plus, in a jamb for copper somewhere, cut the sucker up. Beats the supply house or shop trip.

J.C.

Comment

I thought I was a wuss because I never heard anyone having problems with holding the gun LOL! But yeah, it would be nice to have some sort of stand. I guess I have my K60. I'll be using that for more than mains in the next few months
              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

if you don't want to hold a k-39, then you should have gotten a k-40

not my choice in machines.

the design of the k-39 is to allow you to get close and have a real feel of the machine and cable. with a small 5/16'' cable you need the real feel.

on tubs i sit on the apron and use my left hand as the front and right as the rear trigger.

i can rest my right forearm on my thigh and balance the machine very comfortably

how are you suppose to beat me in arm wrestling if you can't handle a small snake

rick
                phoebe it is

Comment

I subcontract all of my arm wrestling to Ben. He does an outstanding job.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                    You, too? I like it that he doesn't charge extra for an emergency arm wrestling match
                    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

the only time i kinked a 39 cable was because i was too far away fron the entry. the cable will begin to convulse LONG before it kinks. YMMV.

i don't have the auto feed. i've got the slip chuck and it is the tool for those times the 50 won't get into the line.

besides with the 39 i don't need gloves (other than the latex ) because the cable is stopped when i pull out the next foot or so.

the auto feed may be "easier" to use but the slip chuck, for me, has excellent control
                      if i needed a stand i'd use the 50 with the smaller drum. not for me

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                        Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                        You, too? I like it that he doesn't charge extra for an emergency arm wrestling match
                        Joey, will you please let Rick come out and play with the other plumbers? I'm hearing a lot of smack ond you're not letting poor Rick come out to defend himself. Aaron, you want to take of my light work? Have a second chance at him and show Rick how union plumber's roll.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick can't be disturbed. He's training with cookies and Bagel Bite pizza.

J.C.

Comment

Maybe I'll just retire the k-39 and get something with a stand...I like this idea better than a hand-held draingun.

Something like this maybe:

Comment

Think K-50 with canisters.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X