Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite small cable machine.

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    What do you use for 1.25" and 1.5" drains like bathtubs and small sink drains?

drain-gun?

small sectional?

small drum machine?

Post your favorite machine, a short description of why you like it and a picture of it if possible.
    Thanks.
    The K-60 is the ONLY drain cleaning machine on my truck. It's a bit bulky but it does the job.

K-60 with the A-17-D adapter drum 5/16" bulb head x 50 foot cable
    Attached Files

Comment

So I can get a drum adapter and use 5/16" cable in my K-60?! Awesome!!! The impressionator impresses again.

What exactly do I need to buy for this?
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/index.html

Type in RG59250. Cost 170. Heavy
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

um...the A-17 drum adapter then put in which ever cable you want

Comment

I use a K39 wh/out auto feed for my small jobs. I made the mistake of buying a K40 and the only thing I can say is that the box it came in lasted longer than the machine. You cant give them away, I tried to give mine back to Ridgid they didnt want it
            Last edited by Mr Slate; 08-27-2008, 09:53 PM. Reason: wrong machine

Comment

The Cable Center-St.Louis,Mo.,1-800-257-7209. The last time I dropped in,they had several stands for drill-driven drain cleaners.Maybe this will help you.Tony usually helps me.But any of the fellows can help. Hope this helps.
              Kenneth Collier
              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
              Jackson, MS 39206
              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Sorry, Service Guy this should have been under K-39 stand.
                Kenneth Collier
                Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                Jackson, MS 39206
                (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  It`s also a closed drum so cleaning the cable would be a pain.
                  It's a closed drum... so why bother cleaning it? It's just going into the next tub in a a couple hours anyway?

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                  I don't understand the need for a stand, particularly because when holding it you can get right up to the drain you're cleaning.
                  I like a stand so I have two hands free to work the cable or shut the machine off in a hurry if I need to.

I have these and like them for tubs/showers.... thats all I use them on... I jet sinks.

http://www.gorlitz.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    It's a closed drum... so why bother cleaning it? It's just going into the next tub in a a couple hours anyway?
                    some day you`ll understand why you always want to keep your cables clean

Nothing like a rusted up broken cable to start off your day

When you have 50` of nasty cable I would hope you wash it
                    before doing the next drain in a couple hours
                    I know I do
                    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-30-2008, 08:51 PM.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

the small machine i just use for tubs and showers... it can fester all it wants inside the drum, if it comes out nasty so what I rinse the tub afterward. anyway it usually goes back in clean, just damp. its never been cleaned, I 've never broken a cable. I usually retire them every year or so... the 1/4" are cheap.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I retire my 5/16 and 1/4 cable about every 3 months. i have had one brake because I let it fester up inside the drum. Lesson learned the hard way
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

on my k-39, i always remove my cable when done. it literally takes 30 seconds to remove, shake out like a whip and coil up with a "cable cuff"

this way thecable is always dry and i can select which cable combination i go back in with.

every couple of monts, i'll loosen the 4 drum screws and wash and wipe clean my inner drums.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            on my k-39, i always remove my cable when done. it literally takes 30 seconds to remove, shake out like a whip and coil up with a "cable cuff"

this way thecable is always dry and i can select which cable combination i go back in with.

every couple of monts, i'll loosen the 4 drum screws and wash and wipe clean my inner drums.

rick.
                            So you never put the cable right back in after cleaning it? Interesting

I took it out once and it took a minute or two to get it started back in the drum when putting it back in. I probably don't have the magic touch or the drain cleaning Gods don't have as much respect for me as they do you
                            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

you need to make sure that the end of the cable that goes into the drum is not hanging up in the auto feed bearings. just watch it as you push it in and you'll get it back in easy.

if you reinstall the cable when you're finished, then you still have all the old water and muck left in the drum, you have not accomplished anything.

wait till you're ready to use it and the cable will be spotless for next time

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I have finally found something that I want next as a small machine. And this time it isn't a Ridgid. The K-380 with handtruck and auto-feed I have now. Unfortunately it is discontinued. But this tool has handtruck, auto-feed, and looks really tough...I think this will be my next kitchen/floor drain machine once my K-380 craps out.
                                http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/colt.html

Forum member Jerrymac told me about these, they look pretty nice.
                                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                                X