X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite small cable machine.

What do you use for 1.25" and 1.5" drains like bathtubs and small sink drains?

drain-gun?

small sectional?

small drum machine?

Post your favorite machine, a short description of why you like it and a picture of it if possible.
    Thanks.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Favorite small cable machine.

I was doing some research on small drums and I like this Drain-rooter PH from General so far.

Comment

k-39pf.

just like you have

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

K39-af
        And the picture above looks just like the lowes snake Cobra that all clear has.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          K39-af
          And the picture above looks just like the lowes snake Cobra that all clear has.
          'cept that is a general! Ill bet that stand will fit the k-39 Carl! i dont see why not. The super vee and K-39 area bout the same size!

Comment

K-39

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

General Super Vee, or autospin

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I was doing some research on small drums and I like this Drain-rooter PH from General so far.
                I dont know if I would really want an auto feed on a machine this small. It`s also a closed drum so cleaning the cable would be a pain.

Here`s what I use

I run 50` of 5/16 I/C
                I have found out that if I run my cable backwards on my Cobra the cables seem to last longer and I bring less junk back.
                On my 39 I can only run 35` of 5/16 so it just set`s most of the time.

did someone say autospin
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Does anyone use a K-40? It looks like a great machine in the pictures. I already read the old threads, so I know plumberrick hates it. But I was wondering if anyone else has tried it and if they like it? It looks like what I want, except its a bit costly and I don't want to invest in one if it has any major design problems.

Comment

Used those drill type canister whichamagiggies a few times and I needed to grow a third hand to figure out how to use it.

When I started using the spartan 81 I thought it was awkward, then I realized how versatile it is with the design of going up or sideways.

It's a heavy device which I despise, would like to know how much effort it would take for me to build one out of aluminum (got a tig welder, gotta use it).

81 does not have a powerfeed, I was told they've reinvented the 502 that even my local rep told me not to buy given the problems with the small powerfeed gears.

I had an idea a couple years ago to take a simple two-wheel dolly, put a couple guide bars for the machine to ride up and down, tilt at 45-60 degree angle up or down. This would be ran with internal springs inside the guide bars to make ease of raising lowering, kinda like a garage door.

I'm sure I can build it, but it's not a priority. Keeping the idea light and on wheels where you could easily set it up to operate going top down in a kitchen sink without ever having to clear one side or another would be a top notch application.

But with that idea, you have a top heavy setup which would need something at the floor level to support that idea.

I'll put that on the idea table for 2016.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Mytana M81 with 3/8 cable for 1.5 and 2". I use 11/16 on it for big drains. for pulling hair out of a trap I use the autospin. The M81 is big for lav and kitchen drains but it keeps me from needing 2 machines on the van. Auto spin doesn't count cause it's small.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                        Mytana M81 with 3/8 cable for 1.5 and 2". I use 11/16 on it for big drains. for pulling hair out of a trap I use the autospin. The M81 is big for lav and kitchen drains but it keeps me from needing 2 machines on the van. Auto spin doesn't count cause it's small.

Sorry you said favorite. my set up isn't my favorite but it works good for limited space. If I just cleaned drains I'd have 2 machines.

Or a K60. now give me my 5 bucks Rick.

Comment

Carl, I asked several times about the PH model but got no response. I think General makes good equipment from what I've seen and talked to a few that own them. But getting any service is difficult unless the local rep is willing to help. Then again, how much service would you need if it's well made?

It's a SuperVee on a stand with a PowerFeed & guidehose. I also liked the foot control as it is supposed to be pressure variable. Push the bulb harder, it spins faster. Relieve pressure, it spins slower.

J.C.

Comment

I just used my new Super Vee today and had no surprises, except for figuring out how to swap from 1/4" to 3/8" cable. Aha! The lever flips back and the handle flips up and the cable slides right through the auto feed. Got it.

I don't understand the need for a stand, particularly because when holding it you can get right up to the drain you're cleaning. No need for any exposed cable. I got dirtier when I came home and washed the cable off than I did cleaning the drain.

Comment

The PH model has a guide hose that you can place right against the opening. It looks much easiear to use if it works well.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X