Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kj2200

HI
    I have just bought a kj2200 jetter, its great!
    I have a couple of question which you guys may be able to answer.

1) Can the Kj2200 pump direct from a swimming pool or underground tank or does the water need to come direct from the cold main.

2) I am looking to buy a spinning nozzle, which nozzle is best suited to the Kj2200 and where can i buy one?

Thanks

Re: kj2200

Originally posted by Manxadam View Post
    HI
    I have just bought a kj2200 jetter, its great!
    I have a couple of question which you guys may be able to answer.

1) Can the Kj2200 pump direct from a swimming pool or underground tank or does the water need to come direct from the cold main.

it needs a source of pressurized water. not designed to suck water from below. if needed a small booster pump can supply the water.

2) I am looking to buy a spinning nozzle, which nozzle is best suited to the Kj2200 and where can i buy one?

Thanks
    a spinning nozzle is not that good of a choice. it has very little pull and turns a hard hitting stream of water into a hi pitch fog of water.

there are some great spinning nozzles, but require more gpm to work than you have.

stick with rear facing nozzles and you'll do fine up to 2'' and decent up to 3''. remember you only have 2200# and 2.4gpm. 6''

if you really want to spend money on the spinning nozzles you can get a h-65 or h-75 nozzle. but don't complain as i told you so. and yes i own them both

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for that Rick.
      Have you any views on the kj2200 drawing its water supply from a swimming pool?

Sorry rick, just read back your reply
      thanks again
      Last edited by Manxadam; 08-27-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

It's a pump not a pull
        water needs to flow to the unit not draw water even though they do it will probably kill the pump. Unless you can take it downhill from the pool and a siphon effect started. Get a Root Ranger if you do roots.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i have a kj 1750 and have the spinning nozzle that ridgid makes---mine works great and my jetter cleans 4" pvc great,so yours should do the same---they are great little machines,despite what most say--it cant do what a trailer jet can, but it holds its own-i clean commercial 2 and 3" grease lines with ease--i camera some lines after, and it leaves the pipe clean

Comment

plastic pipe is very easy to clean.

metallic/ cast iron is the real issue with cleaning.

i guess if you're having good luck with your 1750, you must be doing plastic.

do you have good pull with your spinning nozzles?

i certainly don't and i have a similar pump set up on my small jetter.

2800 psi at 3 gpm. all i get is a big fog of water and a hi pitch wining noise.

the pull is next to nothing.

sure plastic is slick and nothing sticks long term. but unfortunately 99% of my work is not plastic.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X