Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Justice, of sorts

framazoids are not legal here under our code
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      framazoids are not legal here under our code
      remember i live in the U.S. Virgin Islands. we don't need no stinking code

hope everyone realizes the last of this is in jest. well, except the part about the house swap/sale/grandchildren part. gotta make money in these down times

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

San districs here have been very responsive... I've been impressed. Did one frozen line for a building that turned out to be a frozen main as well; they had a truck up to thaw it within a half hour of my call to let them know what was up, and split my tab for the two services that had frozen with the homeowners.

Those kind of events are valuable to develop a good relationship with those guys... They catch me working from one of their manholes and they come have a chat about what's going on instead of a screaming fit when they know who I am. Good will is invaluable.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
        X