Justice, of sorts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice, of sorts

the Virgin Island Waste Management Authority just called. they have a blocked toilwet. the government division that maintains the municipal seweage system doen not have ANYONE that can unblock a toilet in their office.

the office is closing early today because it smells bad. like a 3 day holiday has nothing to do with this.

justice of sorts

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: Justice, of sorts

lets see here " Waste Management Authority just called"

hummmmm they cant handle the smell of one cloged stool....hummmm

Yep, it`s now a 4 day holiday for em
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

just got back. turns out somebody flushed a paper napkin with fish bones in ti down the toilet. between TP, bones, and what appears to be a couple of cotton balls it sure wouldn't flush

anyway, i got it working, only charged regular rate and reminded the Director that next time i need a favor ...
      SewerSnake 1
      VIWMA 0

i like those numbers

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Were you able to use a SeeSnake? Or is that what was floating in the toilet when you got there?
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

didn't need the camera. got there, turned the water off, flushed and the water didn't go down. drained the bowl and lifted the toilet. bend was dry. flipped the toilet over and there was what looked like cotton balls and TP. a little probing produced the 1st fish bone tne more and more plus paper. righted the toilet and the rest came out. quick mopping, reset the toilet, 2 good flushes, and went to get the Director. showed him the culprits quickly cleaned the floor, loaded the gear into the van, and wrote up the invoice

BTW, there was no bad smell from the bathroom. just a government excuse for another day off

steve

Comment

"BTW, there was no bad smell from the bathroom. just a government excuse for another day off"

Well, it's nice in a way to know that government employees are slackers everywhere, and not just here.

Did anyone catch the details on that report that came out last week about Federal employees getting paid when not at work? Said the VA and the Treasury Dept. accounted for 60% of the 10 to 15 million paid but not worked manhours last year (2007). Now that's a lot of money out of the taxpayers pockets for which you get absolutely nothing!! It's not like they were there and just doing their job half-a$$ed, they were not there at all and some of them they reported had not showed up for over a month. And they were still getting paid. This was not vacation time or sick leave, they classified it as "the employees were AWOL" (their words). UA (Unexcused Absence) and getting paid for over a month. That's pretty good work if you can get it. They are probably working a second job in the private sector.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              "BTW, there was no bad smell from the bathroom. just a government excuse for another day off"

Well, it's nice in a way to know that government employees are slackers everywhere, and not just here.
              don't get me started. here in the VI about 40% of the population is a government employee. it's almost beluieved to be a birthrite. on top of the federal holidays there are a ton of local holidays. the total for all holidays is, i believe, 23.

typically about 1/2 of those scheduled to work don't make it on fiday of a long weekend. and usually the government gets back up to speed on wednesday. need an extra day to recover from those hangovers.

anyway, i have a favor when i need it. pocketed until then

steve

Comment

Why not run your auger before pulling the toilet?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Why not run your auger before pulling the toilet?
                  only 1 of 7 toilets having an issue. difficult access to the roof, no cleanout locatable on the ground, and it's what i typically do in this situation.

the blockage is either in the toilet or just down the bend... more often than not in the toilet itself.

steve

Comment

Let me rephrase, why not run a toilet auger before you pulled the toilet?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

6' telescoping closet auger.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

don't have one, don't like them. i'm probably gonna have to pull the toilet anyway. now if Ridgid made a camera that would negotiate a toilet i'd have one. it would make my life simpler but i couldn't sell a new wax, bolts, shims, flange repair, framazoid exchange or rotate the air in the flapper . after all Jack/Leonard says sell, sell, sell, and close that sale for at least 3 gazillion dollars

what works for me may not work for someone else. like they say YMMV

steve

Comment

rotating air in the flapper is definitely worth an extra $39.99
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                            don't have one, don't like them. i'm probably gonna have to pull the toilet anyway. now if Ridgid made a camera that would negotiate a toilet i'd have one. it would make my life simpler but i couldn't sell a new wax, bolts, shims, flange repair, framazoid exchange or rotate the air in the flapper . after all Jack/Leonard says sell, sell, sell, and close that sale for at least 3 gazillion dollars

what works for me may not work for someone else. like they say YMMV

steve
                            Heck, why not just sell them a whole new toilet? "Yep, this looks bad folks, toilets shot, luckily I can a get a new one in here right away." Acutally I did that on the last toilet stoppage I went on...it was a repeat clogger, sold them a Class-5 flusher so they won't have to waste money calling me back next week.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Heck, why not just sell them a whole new toilet? "Yep, this looks bad folks, toilets shot, luckily I can a get a new one in here right away." Acutally I did that on the last toilet stoppage I went on...it was a repeat clogger, sold them a Class-5 flusher so they won't have to waste money calling me back next week.
                              i actually told a couple that their best bet was to give me their old ramshackled house and buy a newer one i had for sale. it had newer toilets and sewer lines and in the long run they could save themselves maybe $5.00 - $10.00 American dollars.

i do this every time i go clear a blockage. they are such good people. i hope their credit never runs out, and their belief in me is everlasting. even unto their adult grandchildren.

Jack/Leonard has taught me well, grasshopper

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X