Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k7500 can't do this one

Originally posted by Big Jim
    Been thinking of trying the inner core. Is it just one section for a leader or the entire length?
    The whole 15' has a 5/8 drum cable inside. It's very stiff but when you need the extra power, it's great. Cable center of st. Louis is the place to buy them, they often have a buy3 get 4th free sale. I would only use the cable in 2 places, in the front and in the end. The 1st section in case you snake 4" but it transitions to 6". The end section out the C/O because if you're going to kink a cable, it'll be this one.
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=cable+review
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Like the new avatar Ben. Are you going to post the one with him sitting in the chair and holding YOU up in a few short years?

I carry the 1.25 inner core and it's heavy as he11. I've never heard of inner core for the first and last section. I would think a "chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" kinda thing.
      Whats the theory behind this method? I really wouldn't mind reducing the carry weight so this sounds kinda interesting.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

7/8 or 1 1/4 won't kink inside 4" pipe. Just not enough room. But there is enough room potentially in 6" pipe and definently the cable out the c/o could kink. The cable is strong enough as long as it doesn't kink up. One advantage of the ic cable is you can push the cable very far without using the machine. I can normally push about 60' of regular cable, after that, I need to run it in the machine to go further. I can push the ic cable 90' ft without the machine(90' of ic is all I have).
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the ridgid inner core is not to add strength to the cable. it adds stiffness and keeps the cable from bending the innercore is not attached, but riding inside of the cable.

the reason why i only run the front and rear is because i only have 2 sections of this fancy cable

as ben mentioned, it's to prevent too much slop and potential for a flip.

i do have 75' of 7/8'' general innercore, but have not used it since my ridgid innercore gets it done

still my best secret weapon is my broken off 7/8'' cable made into a 12' reverse auger. this is by far the best trick of the trade with the k-60.

it has not failed me and has pulled out roots with the best of them.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X