X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k7500 can't do this one

We got a hurricane coming and the storm drain to our compound has never drained well. I decided to snake out the line and hit something hard in the first 3 ft. It probably took about 20 minutes to snake the first 15' but it was smooth sailing after that. I ended pulling what looks like concrete but is actually road sedimentation that is just built up hard over time. You could see the different colors of layers in some pieces. Line drains fine now.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: k7500 can't do this one

Good work!

How did you get the pieces back?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Nice BDUs

Comment

an idea i got from bens pic, how come ridgid can make a stand for the k-60 to sit a bit higher so the operator can sit down comfortable on a bucket as opposed to on his knees, I mean plumbers spend enough time on their knees as it is anything to increse on the job comfort would be a real big selling point!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          an idea i got from bens pic, how come ridgid can make a stand for the k-60 to sit a bit higher so the operator can sit down comfortable on a bucket as opposed to on his knees, I mean plumbers spend enough time on their knees as it is anything to increse on the job comfort would be a real big selling point!
          Because the closer the machine is to the drain the better control you have of the cable. Besides one of the pluses of a K-60 is the compact design.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Funny you should mention that just today I was thinking how to fabricate front and rear folding legs under my K60. Prop the front ones out so it can lean back for high clean outs and rear ones to level it on a rooftop.

Comment

but what about folding legs like PC mentioned, that way you only have it when you need it or want it? and oh yeah make them adjustable so that in instances like a roof the k-60 can be set level

Comment

Sometime try going to either a big pharmacy or better yet a medical supply place and look over
                folding adjustable height walkers. I bet you'll get some ideas and especially for the height adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  but what about folding legs like PC mentioned, that way you only have it when you need it or want it? and oh yeah make them adjustable so that in instances like a roof the k-60 can be set level
                  As I recall the old suitcase style K-60 had an adjustable front leg.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
                    Mark -
                    You are absolutely right. We still have one in the shop for backup.
                    Remember the bushing you had to use for the different size cable?
                    Yes I do. Losing that was a big improvement for the SP model.

Mark

Comment

Hmmm... is that innercore cable I see?
                      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
                        Hmmm... is that innercore cable I see?
                        I noticed Rick's recent post regarding the root he removed was an inner core cable as well.

Mark

Comment

The innercore cable I used is from general. It really makes the k60 a mainline machine able to handle anything. I like the k60 the way it is. The majority of the time I use my k60 cart but since I was able to backup to the pipe and there was no reason to use the guide hose, I didn't use it this time. When I use my k60 cart, I bring the bucket for a seat and it's a very comftortable working height.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Funny you should mention that just today I was thinking how to fabricate front and rear folding legs under my K60. Prop the front ones out so it can lean back for high clean outs and rear ones to level it on a rooftop.
                            On a rooftop, I run my machine backwards so the weight is in the front. If you run it the conventional way, it wants to tip back. Just run it in reverse when you do this and it works great.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nice Avy. Rick's in trouble armwrestling with your apparent weightlifting regimen. Lil' man just going to get bigger.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X