American -Jetter Hoses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American -Jetter Hoses

I was wondering what you guys use on your jetter hoses to clear house lines approx 30-50metres long 4 inches diameter.
    I have a Armildilo bluflex 3/16 premium jetter hose for only three months and has spilt and has been joined a few times.
    We run at 3000psi with wart hogs,bullet type nozzles etc paper /roots.
    Does any one recommend a certain brand as I pay nearly $700 (aus) for 50-60metres of hose and would like to get more than 3 months usage out of them.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: American -Jetter Hoses

I use Parker hose and have been very happy with it... I assume they sell in Oz. I use Parflex 518C-4. The -4 indicates 1/4", most people use 3/8". The 1/4" is rated at 2750psi, but I commonly run it at 3000-3500psi. I get a year to 3 years out of a 350' length of hose, gradually trimming it back to 200' to 250' as I wear the casing off the working end. Less than 200' is unuseable for me. Last time I bought some it was US$2.50 or so a foot, probably more now. There was non name brand similar hose meeting same specs for about US $1/foot at that time, but I have yet to try it.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

P****HNA is what I like the blue stuff. Its 3000 psi and not so stiff. The Orange hydraulic is the best, but it like 6 to 7 buck a foot.

Comment

I just bought some Cobra Tuffskin from South Coast Equipment, USA. Cost was about $1 / foot. 1/4" 4000 psi.

Comment

I`ve also had this bluflex = junk. Stiff as wire. Synflex is heaps more flexiable.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            I was wondering what you guys use on your jetter hoses to clear house lines approx 30-50metres long 4 inches diameter.
            I have a Armildilo bluflex 3/16 premium jetter hose for only three months and has spilt and has been joined a few times.
            We run at 3000psi with wart hogs,bullet type nozzles etc paper /roots.
            Does any one recommend a certain brand as I pay nearly $700 (aus) for 50-60metres of hose and would like to get more than 3 months usage out of them.
            Regards
            Greg
            We have been using Armadillo Bluflex for over 2 years now and find it is more flexible than R7 Synflex. We are getting over 12 months service out of the hose and we do 3-4 chokes a day per truck. The secret to any hose is putting a guide hose down the point of entry first to protect it from sharp edges.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using Parker hose but bigger sizes. I run 3/8 hose for 3-4 inch then 1/2 " for 6" or for flushing 4 inch to 6 inch. I run 1/4 " in 2 inch pipe and also 1/8 if cast iron pipe with bends. So I run larger hose to get more flow 12 gpm but I lose pressure I run at 2800 - 3000 psi. Good to see you Root Ranger!
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X