Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you buy?

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
    Assuming the largest line will be a 2", this is a no-brainer really. He is going to want something to be able to run from either a trap, vent, c/o, etc. basically a "tub gun". I think you guys call it a k-39. Personally, my choice is a Milwaukee drain cleaner with 50' of 5/16" cable. It's compact, versatile, holds cable to clean most residential 2" lines. In 16 years, I'm on my second one. Just bought it the other day. Little over $200 on ebay, new. I threw the crap cable that it came with in the trash and installed mine. Put it a 5 gallon bucket with one of those canvas bucket tool holders and you're good to go. I think I'd commit suicide if I didn't have this machine. It's by far my most used "inside" machine. In case of limited access (like a single waste, disposer only sink), I even take it go on the roof.
    Absolutely spot on. I bet at least 70% of my calls are used with this machine. It hasn't changed much over the years because it doesn't need to, it's reliable and somewhat light. In fact I have two of them.
    Just be sure to oily the chuck after every use.....

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      In case it ever breaks down, I'll find you a k39 for 200-250.
      No need.

After listening to you, then getting all the input here, I have to admit it looks like the machione for me.

Also after Glkearns thoughts on rentals, I think that option might be dumb, I might just get the 39-a and just give it a go.

Comment

I recently picked up a K-39a to ease myself into drain cleaning, while at the shop they made me good deal on a used Marco drum with 5/8" cable. I'd still like to get something in between. Can't really get excited about the sectionals, even after reading everything on this forum just seems like a hassle. I guess I'll have to see a K-60 in action to catch the fever.

wookie

Comment

wookie, we'll let the virgin drain guy write up a review on his k-60 coming out party.

stay tuned on saturday evening, as long as i don't wear him out

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I thought you said the GREAT MASTER PLUMBER didnt need no helper????
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              Rick I thought you said the GREAT MASTER PLUMBER didnt need no helper????
              As I recall from his post regarding the same job last year he did it by himself. This year it appears to be more of a training session for a youngster who is considering adding drain cleaning to his existing plumbing skills. I look forward to the report of how things worked out.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                As I recall from his post regarding the same job last year he did it by himself. This year it appears to be more of a training session for a youngster who is considering adding drain cleaning to his existing plumbing skills. I look forward to the report of how things worked out.

Mark
                As do I.
                Kenneth Collier
                Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                Jackson, MS 39206
                (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
                  As do I.
                  Your just a swinger

As Do I recall him saying things because I have employees and we work together on some jobs and use K-7500`s because it`s quicker and easer then one man with a K-60 ....rotflmao
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X