X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General maxi rooter vs, k-7500

My general has a 3/4 h.p. motor. k-7500 4/10 motor How else do they match up ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: General maxi rooter vs, k-7500

2 words come to mind

GEAR DRIVE
    small motor and gear drive = less weight and power
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

General is not very well known for their customer service. Ridgid is even able to keep finicky customers like Steve happy. The biggest testimonal of all imo is the 18' rootball that Steve pulled out with his 7500. If it can do that than that small motor is more than enough torque. Ridgid should post a picture like that in the cleaner magazine with Steve. That would be a great ad.

I think Ridgid's closest drum competitor is Spartan. I got a 1065 cheap but if I had to pay for a drum machine I would get the 2001 because it has a drum brake. This is a huge advantage but someone smarter than I, said the 2001 isn't as durable as the 1065.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben is right, I am finicky
        I am very demanding of my machines and their performance. Ridgid has always stepped up and made sure I had what I needed to keep working.

Comment

On the General the drive rollers drop out with just 3 screws I read it was more work on the ridgid. All the rest seems the same stair rollers tough frame etc.
          I might be biased as I have the maxi
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Any experience with Marco's they have drum brakes, we used to use the PF-80's and 90's 1/2 HP motors, their CS isnt as good as ridgid but whose is? If you need parts for anyone other than Ridgid you need to really hunt it down!

Comment

It might be more work but doesn't take long to change em. I change mine about every 3 to 4 months and I`m thinking it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to do it.

Comment

if ridgid posted allclears pic, rick would have a fit---imagine the pics and crying that ridgid would hear if this happened----

i agree, allclears roots are the best so far--and from a drummer--this must eat rick up

Comment

My old General had a 1/2 HP motor, which was far more than enough to kink the 3/4" cable. Why would you need more?

Comment

Working...
                  X