X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drainster Friends

I do very little drain work. I love learning, and realize a customer drain log is a great idea.
    I just added a note book in the drain assesory tool box. Will You share what info. You Guys
    log on each home ? Thank's Tool.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: My Drainster Friends

I used to record EVERYTHIHNG, from the temperature and weather on the day of the call to names birthdays etc. If i happened to show up on a customers b-day always happy birthday so and so yada yada yada record keeping helps build a strong business!

Comment

Uhh a few quick ones here...

On main sewer lines know how fair out you far, so if they're on septic you don't get catch up in the tank, or if they're on public sewer you don't get tangled up in the main out in the street.

Know that a stopped up basement toilet can be a red flag for a main sewer line stoppage.

Don't stick small cables in large pipes, when you catch onto something, the small cable will flop around and become a ball of a metal rather than a length of cable.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Whoops did you want drain cleaning tips or log tips? Sorry about the confusion.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

What do you mean a log?

If you mean a record of what the problem was and how it was resolved, I put that information in the invoice and keep copies that will later be attached to a master customer log.

I use a CRM (customer relationship management) system. I refer to it before each service call if i have been there before. I can print out all the info to take with or just email it to myself so I have it on my Blackberry.

If thats what you mean.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I keep a record of each customer and it's noted in my invoicing program. I note anything that could be used to make the job easier in the future. Some examples are;
            -distance to and type of stoppage and offsets
            -what cables, cutter used
            -location of cleanouts and where I snaked from
            -type of cleanout -2 way or wye
            -any other misc info (had a job where I had 3 vents within a 1' of each other, noted what vent was for each fixture)
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

At the moment, it's all in my head. I make notes on distances, etc on invoices but they just get filed away... not easily accessed on site later. I'm hoping to change this.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I use a palm pilot to store unusual things.
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

personally I like elm logs for my wood stove, the cotton wood makes to much creosote,

and the logs I have seen in drains I would never used in my wood stove, I would much prefer buffalo chips over the logs in the sewer,

OH you mean record keeping, yes that is a good idea,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

pretty much what ben said

i too look at my job notes if needed to so i can do the best job possible based on past track record and video.

i always list the machine, cable, cutter, c/o size, direction, distance to clear stoppage, total distance and what i pulled out.

sometimes i'll take photos and they're dated to match my invoice.

i'll also mark my c/o red if it's a 2 way for caution.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I do so many that I don't log anything. I know the house when I see em. If it was a bad one, I`ll remember it. I have a few that I have to remember to tell em it`s about time but most of em know to call me before it`s to late. I have a good customer base and know most of em pretty good but for the life of me I cant remember their names to save my
                      I`m just not good with names. I see some many people in a month I don't think anyone could remember their names? But I do remember the house for some reason
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Thank's guys , I was on the right track. Something Has happened in the last Year Here. Am I, the only one That's noticed! It's Aaron, You've changed into a Man. I would be proud to be Your Dad . Hope this doesn't embarass You. Dog is proud ,I'm sure! Tool
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I TRY to file using the address rather then the owners name, so when Mrs. Smith from 15 summer st. sells her home to mike Reed two years ffrom now and he calls me, I only have to look up 15 Summer St. to find the info.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I keep it simple as when I make those last couple turns heading towards the home, I'm either cussing or praising the drain cleaning call I'm about to do.

Seems I never get called for the easy ones most times, always the ones that are in the basement, no access, was difficult to clear and so forth.

Seems easy to remember.

But, I alway write on the bill if something unusual exists, or stating the distance travelled before it opened.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                              I TRY to file using the address rather then the owners name, so when Mrs. Smith from 15 summer st. sells her home to mike Reed two years ffrom now and he calls me, I only have to look up 15 Summer St. to find the info.
                              gene, my newer version of my invoicing program allows me to cross reference the address and phone number. along with other info.

it's actually great so in case i need a name, i can look up the address or visa versa.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X