X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersink drain contraption

I have an early version of this made from tubular pipe but then I saw Twicepipes drain contraption and thought mine could be improved, I espicially liked the hose bibb. It's all 2" pvc. The grey fernco goes on the sink tailpiece and the black fernco goes on the drain pipe once the ptrap is removed. Run the water in the sink so there's no cross contamination. My old version was long enough to stick out from under the sink so I'm not jammed up under there. I keep it steady with a bungee cord that attaches to a bracket that hangs on the lip of the sink. Version 2.0 is long enough to do the same thing. Makes for a very clean drain snaking even when dealing with black grease.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Undersink drain contraption

Looks good. Handy for everyone to get the job done cleanly. I've made similar things but yours is better because it is more flexible.

I'll be making one.

J.C.

Comment

There is NO cross connection.... VERY GOOD!!! great inginuity ben keep up the good work

Comment

Thats kickass Ben.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

a bungie is strong enough to keep the "adapter" from movingand possibly causing problems or under sink/on cabinet damage?

i like the concept

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            a bungie is strong enough to keep the "adapter" from movingand possibly causing problems or under sink/on cabinet damage?
            It is strong enough but you have to push your cable foward and not down. I have been thinking of making a bracket of something. that would be stiff, maybe unistrut or all thread with speed nuts.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Careful Ben. You've now opened page one of your G17 Classified files. The guys with earpieces, sunglasses, and wrenches might be on their way.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Careful Ben. You've now opened page one of your G17 Classified files. The guys with earpieces, sunglasses, and wrenches might be on their way.

J.C.
                If only ridgid knew what else I have in the g17 vault. This is not one of better ideas. I'm keeping the good ideas for myself.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  If only ridgid knew what else I have in the g17 vault. This is not one of better ideas. I'm keeping the good ideas for myself.
                  I'm on your coattails. Unless it involves some sort of d**n mirror.

J.C.
                  Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Good deal gearjunkie. Anything to make things cleaner and easier

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X