X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drainsters a couple of questions

It's 2008,are there still people pouring grease down drains! Is most grease found in the
    kitchen sink branch? Any on the bath lines? Main lines? Who has the best 4 bladed cutters? Just trying to learn. Thanks' Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Drainsters a couple of questions

I see a fair amount at about 50ish feet out in the main line.

I have NEVER had a customer admit to dumping grease, just like no women flush mice
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks Gene. So the accumulated grease tends to build up at around 50'from where
      the latera lor main begins?. Probably do so the lower velocity way out? Thanks
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Ridgid the 3/8" cable is C4 or C6 and the 4bladed cutters are T-213, 214,215.
        Most grease is found in 3 places;
        -in the pipe directly from the kitchen drain
        -where the kitchen line connects to the main line. The grease flows down then hits the cold water in the main and solidifies right in place
        -in the vent for the kitchen line. when you have a stoppage the grease floats to the highest point and thats's the vent. Grease clings to the sidewalls and you can have a stopped up vent before to long. Rare this happens but it is a possibility.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

thanks' Gear ,always amazes Me how much Knowledge a real Drainster has !

Comment

Forgot the 4th place grease will be found; a belly or sag in the line. The dip causes water to slow and the grease just kinda floats around and ends up sticking to the sidewalls.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

All My bladed cutters are 2 blades , smooth and serrated. Use smooth for Kitchen lines? and serrated for roots ? Should I find 4 bladed cutters for My 3 different machines? Who sells them for General and Ridgid? Thanks'

Comment

We use cold water under high pressure to clean the grease from the mains (1000psi). Bear in mind, all of our mains, both water and sewer are heavy wall plastic pipe by the name of sclair. I can't remember the chem. name off hand.

I've also used hot water under high pressure for cleaning drains with a machine that could handle the heat of the water. I don't know if tephlon pistons could handle it.

Comment

I usually find grease a bit closer than 50'. More like 20'. But that's after dropping down from the main floor and going under the basement slab.

The two-blade cutter will have a problem with hard grease but the four will cut more smoothly. I'm assuming that the grease builds in a not-always-round form and any oblong hole will stop a two-blade head.

Most of my jobs since I got the K-60 involved cleaning the kitchen drain through the floor drain in the basement.

Comment

anyway--grease cutter ridgid makes works well on grease---obviously

i like 2, 3 , 4 blade cutters---i have a 6" 3 blade---sweet cutting tool

the 2 blade works real good too

also love spiral saw--strong cutter
                    and h cutter--extra tough

Comment

Working...
                    X