• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drains

Any of you guys repair drains? (sewer)

If so, what are you doing? dig, or?

Re: drains

I do no dig underground patch repair.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Trenchless here as well. If trenchless is not an option than we bring out the backhoe.

Gene, are you keeping that pipe patch system busy? I am a bit slow on trenchless repair lately for some reason.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

We will dig them up if it is broken. If the break is not the severe and it is roots or a belly and the customer does not want to pay or they are moving then we will put it under a maintenance contract.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
          Trenchless here as well. If trenchless is not an option than we bring out the backhoe.

Gene, are you keeping that pipe patch system busy? I am a bit slow on trenchless repair lately for some reason.

I just did one today actually, but I'm not doing as many as I'd like.
          Doing about 1-2 jobs a month. System is more then paid for itself though so it's a pretty good money maker.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

please excuse my ignorance guys but i have 2 questions;

1- what's trenchless?

2- what's this pipe repair machine. sounds high tech.

Comment

There ways you can do a "pipe pull" where you dig a hole at each end, pull a bursting head with approved pipe behind it through the old pipe. I've never done it myself so others can give you better info. We usually dig it out and replace it.

J.C.

Comment

I DIG as I dont believe in "NO DIG"
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

digging in perma-frost is a long, slow, process.

we still use the standard/imperial measurment up here.

how far did you get today? 6 inches. excellent.

although, if we used metric measurments, it would sound better. hhmmm.

Comment

My 3 man team will dig and lay 150` of 4" sewer and be on our way to the next job in 2.5 hours. Back filled and all!
                    The best part of all is that, all the problems will be corrected unlike "NO DIG"
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I dig occaisionally depending on how busy we are. If we are busy I will refer cusomer to an excavator. Though I dont do either, I think bursting or relining are good options in some cases where the existiing pipe has proper grade, just other problems. Where there are lots of other utilities in the way, or a busy road to close and manage traffic, or a building on top of the problem, trenchless can be better.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X