flooded basement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flooded basement

i got a first for me on saturday! i got home from work about 10a.m. sat down to watch the notre dame- michigan game my wife comes up from our basement and says "i am doing laundry and water is coming out the floor drain" so i go downstairs with the auto spin thinking it would be just passed the floor drain where the washing machine ties in i run 15' out and nothing goes down and water is starting to rise i run out to our c/o at the curb and it has water in it i pull the man hole its full of sewage. im a vendor for the city i do alot of there smaller drain cleans for them so i call my contacts every one is out of town. 2 hours later the city finally shows up with a camel truck but there truck has a hard time keeping up with it. my house is at the bootom of a hill and the only one with a basement in it so we got everything! my wife was washing all my kids bedding and clothes. all ruined so i am writing this from the holiday inn. god bless wireless web
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: flooded basement

Backwater valve failed?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

and your backwater valve is where?

you should know better than most about backwater valves.

without a required backwater valve, i doubt that the city will pay for cleanup. at least not here.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Any chance the B.V. was blown out with a snake?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Back water valves are not required around here, in fact, it's very rare to find one.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

back water valves are not required here either
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
              back water valves are not required here either
              i guess this was a wake up call. we know what's on your schedule for the weekend. make sure you charge them good

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

How did you make out? you back home yet?
                My town always makes good when this happens. Are them being one of your customers hurting or helping you?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We had a problem area in town and the town (on their dime) installed bwv

Comment

we are still in a hotel we will make out o.k. we just got all the paperwork turned in to the city my kids are loveing it. its in the 90's and theres a pool here.
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                      we are still in a hotel we will make out o.k. we just got all the paperwork turned in to the city my kids are loveing it. its in the 90's and theres a pool here.

Make sure you steal the tv before you leave! It will unbolt!

Blame it on room 309, that's what I always do.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

since the city was paying we got a classy one you can actually rent it the entire night not just by the hour and the remote wasnt even bolted down
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X