Got the bad sewer from hell today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got the bad sewer from hell today

Side sewer card shows the path, date, original builder and map for the houses sewer line to the city sewer, and then all permits and changes that where done over time where a permit was pulled, I get them usually on line before showing at a job so I know the length, size, or if the line is shared with the house next door. This house was not listed had to go downtown to see the actual card. Pipe is abs inside, cast iron stack and probably clay to the street.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Thanks for the update, what's a side sewer card? Have you pulled a manhole cover?
      Houses on both sides drain fine these people own all 3 of them
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I would LOVE if we had that here! Here there is nothing. No record, drawing, nothing on older homes where you would find things like this happening.

On newer homes there is nothing but a permit and the installer.

J.C.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that there's some low spots and there's lot's of self healing sludge in there but you should felt something with the sectional cable. Were you able to go past the spot you hit with your camera? Did you feel this blockage with your cable? This is an interesting job.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Can you see water in the vent? Does the water recede at all? Any chance each fixture is partially blocked instead of a mainline stoppage? This has happened to me before.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It does sound like a combination of things that have finally come to a head. Roots, low spots, maybe a break causing water to sit in the bottom of the pipe.

Sounds like replacement is the best option to me.

Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                The only thing I can think of is that there's some low spots and there's lot's of self healing sludge in there but you should felt something with the sectional cable. Were you able to go past the spot you hit with your camera? Did you feel this blockage with your cable? This is an interesting job.
                Yes I got passed the spot that stopped my camera and it felt bad, thats why I want the clean out there, he needs a clean out anyway and I think there is something weird going on there also. This is a strange job hope I learn something from it to use in the future for other diagnostics.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                  THATS WHY I NEVER EVER FLAT RATE SEWER JOBS,
                  ON MAIN LINES I GIVE PRICE FOR FIRST 2 HOURS ONLY, ANYTHING AFTER THAT IS T & M
                  FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ! ! ! INCLUDING
                  DIG UPS ETC,
                  Thats what I do. Flat rate buys you 2hrs. then its time for me and customer to sit down and discuss options at an hourly rate. As long as I'm making progress I'm will to keep at it for 20 hrs as long as they are willing to pay.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i had a main line stoppage at a apt, building some years ago this was draining 3 different 3 story buildings

ended up having to dig up 280' x 6" clay
                    sewer pipe full of concrete ! ! !

that would have been a good one to flat
                    rate price :d
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

flat rate ===

flate rate can bite you big time---i could never do it---id rather lose it to a flat rate guy and let him lose his a$$ on it--i dont flate rate anything, except my trip charge

Comment

My flat rate buys you an hour, then you start spending more.

Comment

Well sorry no pics I was too busy but I did finish the job and find out why I couldn't clear the 3" line to the street.
                          After snaking this puppy many times with water running and not running.
                          It ended up the renter of 3 years doesn't use water very much, he does not eat at home ever, does take a quick shower and uses the toilet once in the morning like a schedule. Well the line had roots I removed them the first day but the line had been clogged for a very very long time and they just put up with the slow drains. The line was 100ft of pure human waste clogged to the brim of the pipe! When I got a cleanout installed outside it was full! Ran in with my big jetter with a flusher tip from outside of the house and about 15 min later of going back and forth wham away it went. This was a job the stuff acted like quick sand or mud and just sealed around my cables and bits
                          even my sludge whip. So the water inside the house in the line cleaned my bits and cable before they came out so I never knew what was really going on in the pipe. A regular family would have noticed the line problem long ago and this would have never happened. The people where great and happy with my long work on this and gave me a $200 tip plus the bill
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

What's a sludge whip? Why do you choose the flusher nozzle vs a warthog? Did you do a video inspection?
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                              My flat rate buys you an hour, then you start spending more.
                              Mine too as I charge by the hour

Roro Rooter was on a job yesterday (and they are flat rate) for the time they spent I did 3 jobs I drove past em 3 times`s thinking "sucks to be you"

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                Mine too as I charge by the hour

Roro Rooter was on a job yesterday (and they are flat rate) for the time they spent I did 3 jobs I drove past em 3 times`s thinking "sucks to be you"

Wonder if they charged on the 1 job what you did on the 3?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X