Ugly Gloves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly Gloves?

Do any of you use the ugly gloves? i heard they were good for snaking, but then yesterday some one said they will rip off ur hand if u use them snaking.

so i was just woundering what yall use?

Re: Ugly Gloves?

when you say "ugly gloves", do you mean the ones with the metal lining on the palm?

Comment

The ugly gloves I know of are heavy rubber with a pvc chip coating on the palm. These work great for handling the cable, I've had more trouble with leather gloves espicially with sectional cables.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        The ugly gloves I know of are heavy rubber with a pvc chip coating on the palm. These work great for handling the cable, I've had more trouble with leather gloves espicially with sectional cables.
        interesting ben.

the ugly gloves i found wear too fast with the hi speed sectional cables.
        i prefer the leather gloves with a pair of nytril gloves under them.

drums were fine with the ugly gloves, sectional i like leather.

plus, the leather gloves can be found for $1.00 every now and then.

i don't care for the leather stapled mitts.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I used to use the welders gloves and lather them up with a bit of grease from my grease gun and let them sit a bit and then I would have some good gloves. I would also put "nytril gloves" under these or what ever I was buying at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            interesting ben.

the ugly gloves i found wear too fast with the hi speed sectional cables.
            i prefer the leather gloves with a pair of nytril gloves under them.

drums were fine with the ugly gloves, sectional i like leather.

plus, the leather gloves can be found for $1.00 every now and then.

i don't care for the leather stapled mitts.

rick.
            X2

Double layered reinforced stitching is plus. The cheaper gloves always seem to tear between the thumb an index finger.

Those ugly gloves are good for pulling a greasy jetter hose but thats about it IMO.

Comment

Leather gloves put out by Midwest Quality Gloves sold by Walmart.I find this is my choice for cabling and general purpose work.For jetting,The blue kitchen type gloves also sold at walmart.This might sound funny,but for me,the best gloves I have used.And a good price.
              Kenneth Collier
              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
              Jackson, MS 39206
              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I've always felt Ugly Gloves were like ugly women. When you lose a pretty one you're heart is broken but who cares when you lose an ugly one.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I've always felt Ugly Gloves were like ugly women. When you lose a pretty one you're heart is broken but who cares when you lose an ugly one.

Mark
                  Any response to that other than this one will most likely get me in trouble one way or another...

Comment

I use the ugly gloves for jetting. Steel riveted gloves for rodding.

The first time I let Chris rod a drain I told him to never forget to put on the leathers over the nitrle gloves.

I watched as he forgot and had them ripped off in 2 seconds. It scared the crap out of him.

He won't forget again.

Don't worry, he was only running the Model 100. I would not have let it go with the big machine.

I don't really care for the riveted type either but I have several pairs laying around so I will wear them out. Once done with those i will start using leather gloves with the doubled up leather palms for rodding.
                    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
                    X