Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet is gurgling ....

Originally posted by rombo View Post
    Let me guess you are a drain cleaner that will snake any drain for 49.99
    How ever did you guess? What's your point?
    Maybe you can offer some diagnostic advice rather than pseudo wit.

Comment

Well I would start be snaking down the vent if possible. If not locate your main drain install a clean out then snake

Comment

Holy Moly--- It's not a venting issue. If I checked every vent plumbers told me to check because a drain would not flow I'd still be checking vents. Can it be a vent? Yes, but very unlikely.

Comment

I am not saying it's venting issue, it is defiantly a main drain. But he said the was no C.O so i was suggesting going down the roof vent

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
            What to do??? Just got a call from my wife. While cleaning the shower and doing laundry, the toilet started bubbling.
            What does this mean?
            Our home doesn't have a c/o. Maybe someone can help me figure out what's going on and how to handle it.
            With back-to-back bathrooms, both toilets are full to the top and the shower pan is about to overflow. The roof is clay tile also.
            I think I need a seasoned professional to take of this.
            lol
            I'm sorry NHMaster probably has a few of us waiting for another hoax so you may have been ignored. If your fixtures drains were filling and you were not running any water then it is possible it was an issue with the city line. If your family was running water and the drains backed up it is likely a main line stoppage. If it was a soft stoppage they will sometimes clear themselves. Regardless of what it was as a plumber you need to do some research so it doesn't happen again. Can you add more info as far as what happened and what you have done?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by rombo View Post
              I am not saying it's venting issue, it is defiantly a main drain. But he said the was no C.O so i was suggesting going down the roof vent
              I was responding to the guys saying it was a venting issue. I knew you were talking about auguring the main through the vent. Man I hate places without proper clean outs. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

nanook of the north here,

last year my sewer froze up. the pre-curser was the bubbling wc when ever the washing machine discharged. sound familiar?

i'm not saying your frozen, but it does sound like a blocked building drain or branch drain. or you have a big dip or sag. use a camera??

with regards to making the bend so you can clean through the wc drain, here's a trick i use to make a thaw tube turn corners.

tie a piece of string to the end of the tool tip. it has to be long enough the reach the bend you want to negotiate plus a little bit to hold.

push the tool to the bend, then pull on the string while pushing the tool. there's a 50/50 chance you'll get to where you want to go. if it goes the wrong way, simply pull the tool out, untangle the string and try it again.

it takes a bit of practice and some luck. the string shouldn't harm anything.

and if you really want to, you can save and re-use the string.

the bubbling is because air is being forced out of the sewer line. because the wc and the shower are the lowest fixtures on the vertical or horizontal, sewage and stinky air will travel to these fixtures when there is a blockage, (or an dip as in my case) downstream of the burping/farting fixture in question.

i hope this helps you, although sometimes it's hard to tell what the problem is without being there. try and not to get frustrated.

also, i still come across situations that baffle me. things just aren't making any vinsense. no 2 jobs are ever the same. use the process of elimination. in the anals or bowels of plumbing, we're the surgeon doing exploritory surgury.

that's all part of the challenge of doing what we do. thankfully too, because it keeps the gray matter tuned up, and the body in shape.

it's a good thing we give a sh*t eh?

one last thing, no matter how stinky, dirty, sh*tty the job is, when you get it figured out and everything is flowing downhill again, you will smile.

good luck!

Comment

Why are we giving basic advice to a poser who's been drain cleaning for 16 years and has his own company but can't figure this problem out? Fer cryin out loud Twicepipes, you said you were a drain cleaner. Here's my pseudo wit: you're a hack who posed as a plumber on the forum then when the defication hit the oscillation rotor you have no idea what to do.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ok, enough already. You guys are killing me. It was the MAINLINE
                    That much should have been obvious.
                    I just wanted to throw it out there to see who'd bite.

So here's the deal:
                    It was handled yesterday. Backs up every 2 years in Sept or Oct like clockwork. There's a section of nasty roots at the 4X6 connection near the parkway about 75' out from the base of the vent. The 4" vent is right near the edge so access is as easy as pie even with clay tile roofing
                    (a piece of 5/8" plywood under your feet is your best friend when working on a tile roof ). Takes me all of 20 mins to clear.

Did I not give enough clues or symptoms? Even my wife was like "umm... the main is backing up I think"
                    Last edited by Twicepipes; 09-20-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

There is a reason I didn`t reply

This was a good one
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Pretty funny stuff. A bunch of us were questioning whether it was a joke or not through PMs. After a while some looked at some of your old posts and decided it was not a hoax and felt bad we had not offered help. I guess you pulled one over on us.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Pretty funny stuff. A bunch of us were questioning whether it was a joke or not through PMs. After a while some looked at some of your old posts and decided it was not a hoax and felt bad we had not offered help. I guess you pulled one over on us.

Mark
                          To do it right, ya gotta leave everyone hangin' for at least 24 hrs

Comment

I was right ,so was Ben. Who's the next idiot??????????????
                            Last edited by toolaholic; 09-20-2008, 09:46 PM.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

me??

Comment

Working...
                              X