X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet is gurgling ....

What to do??? Just got a call from my wife. While cleaning the shower and doing laundry, the toilet started bubbling.
    What does this mean?
    Our home doesn't have a c/o. Maybe someone can help me figure out what's going on and how to handle it.
    With back-to-back bathrooms, both toilets are full to the top and the shower pan is about to overflow. The roof is clay tile also.
    I think I need a seasoned professional to take of this.
    lol

Re: Toilet is gurgling ....

Call Plumber Rick or Westcoast.One of the two can make you flow,or may be give you a # to a good drain cleaning company.Sounds like your main house line is clogged, Good Luck.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Are you the seasoned pro.?
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Is your refrigerator running too!

Comment

Sounds like a venting prob. try snaking it from the roof, or tell ur wife its a cool trick u taught the toilet to do

Comment

i'm guessing a vent issue. stick a garden hose down the vent and have someone watch the fixture for overflow.

if that fails pull the toilet if three is water in the bend snake from there.

my $$$ is on a vent problem though

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My $$$ is on building drain. Might get it through the vent though.

J.C.

Comment

It's a backed up building drain. Rod the line. Use a drum machine.
                www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                  a little help please.
                  I've been lurkin here for a while and thought I'd post up a question.

I started a (drain cleaning) business a paltry 2 1/2 years ago and have had only mediocre success. My first year was fantastic. 2nd year bordered on acceptable and now going into the 3rd is simply blah. The phone just isn't ringing. What can I do? It seems all the money I'm spending on advertising is for nothing. I'm currently doing direct mailers to the local areas and neighborhoods and have a 1/4 page telephone book ad. Neither are producing consistent calls. Is it just the economy? I've been living off what I made the previous year but that ain't going to last. I need help or I'm either goin' belly up by the end of the year or back to work for someone and I don't want to do either.
                  Also, I began the business by picking up work from a fellow drain cleaner who's been at it almost 30 years with solid clientel. He's part of the reason my first year was so good. He's an older guy in his early 60's that needed some help with the extra calls. So we came to an agreement which has worked out pretty good until more recently. He's not calling me much anymore. Says he's just not getting the work. To further complicate things, he tells me he's going to be retiring soon. I think I've made the terrible mistake of putting most of my eggs in one basket with this guy when I should have been building my own customer base. Thinking back, I wouldn't have had the time even if I wanted to. He kept the calls coming and I was making money. So what can I do? I've even been hitting the pavement to directly hit up business's. But that gets old fast since it involves driving around, burning fuel and my own energy that I'd rather be exerting on a paying job. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

BTW, I've been in the sewer and drain business about 16 years or so
                  with 7 years plumbing work under a licensed contractor.
                  Are you testing us?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie
                    Don't pull a toilet, it'll be tough to go down the pipe when you encounter back to back toilets. Go through the vent. Use a sectional or run an extension pipe off the vent. Better yet, just call rick.
                    Ben, on back to back toliets,I use a cable that's bent appx.45% or so,after entering the ,toliet sweep,I rotate the cable where the bent end is pointing down,Bump the clutch on the k-60 or k-50 untill cable passes the 3' mark,at this point you are usually in the bldg. main and then full speed ahead. If you keep touching the other sweep ,push the cable in appx.1.5',apply pressue and bump the clutch in reverse.As soon as the drop is made switch back to foward,if cable feeds properly(not trying to climb the vent or other toliet sweep)Then you should have another success story.Sorry.if I'am saying something you already know.
                    Kenneth Collier
                    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                    Jackson, MS 39206
                    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

The water has subsided as of now. Maybe the city sewer was stopped.
                      I'm beginning to wonder if my skills aren't up to snuff.

Sewage, garden hoses and clogged vent pipes...I'm not feeling so good not to mention, confused. All this time, I thought I knew what I was doing.

Wrench spinner,
                      I checked the refrigerator. It's running. I would expect more from a civil engineer. What else should I do?
                      Last edited by Twicepipes; 09-20-2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                        The water has subsided as of now. Maybe the city sewer was stopped.
                        I'm beginning to wonder if my skills aren't up to snuff.

Sewage, garden hoses and clogged vent pipes...I'm not feeling so good not to mention, confused. All this time, I thought I knew what I was doing.

Wrench spinner,
                        I checked the refrigerator. It's running. I would expect more from a civil engineer. What else should I do?
                        What steps did you take?What results?
                        Kenneth Collier
                        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                        Jackson, MS 39206
                        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Call a Drainster, You're are over Your head! No dis intended,just fact by what You've posted.
                          MAIN LINE BLOCK , I'M IN FOR $20.00 ANYONE ELSE ????????
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Call a Drainster, You're are over Your head! No dis intended,just fact by what You've posted.
                            MAIN LINE BLOCK , I'M IN FOR $20.00 ANYONE ELSE ????????
                            Really? Ya think so??!!
                            I'm glad you feel the need to wager on my problem but only $20?? That's not going to fix the problem. You're a GC for cryin out loud. There's a 2" c/o in the garage near the laundry. Maybe I should try that next. Heck, maybe it should just dug up and replaced?? C'mon, guys. You're the pros. I'm relying on you.

Comment

Let me guess you are a drain cleaner that will snake any drain for 49.99

Comment

Working...
                              X