Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We are going to buy a jetter need some help?

U.S. Jetter trailer 18 gpm diesel engine is the way to go. You'll never look back. Our fresh water tanks hold 300 gallons. Trailer has four storage bins for nozzles, fire hose, ect... Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      6 gpm at 4000psi will cut roots. It's not a no brainer at flows this low. You will need a proper nozzle for roots (3/8 warthog or rootranger) and will need to experiment with technique and nozzle orifice sizing and will likely have to camera to do a proper job on roots at this flow.

If you are going 8gpm, you might as well go 12. 6 is pretty much the limit of what you will be able to run without a tank. If you are taking the hit on space and size to go with a tank, you pretty much have a dedicated jetting vehicle and you might as well spend a little more to go 12 for the extra capability; you can always dial it down when you don't need it all.

If you are not doing roots often and can count on your people to camera and be sure they've done a thorough job and are willing to accept that root jobs will take longer because of this AND this trade off is worth the expense and portability gains, 6gpm can be made to work on most problems in up to 8".
      Alex,

I agree with you on this. It gets rather frustrating when you spend a fair amount of money on a piece of equipment and it turns out to not be enough to get the job done, or it takes far longer than it should.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        Well, honestly, I don't think anyone makes their own pumps or motors. Any jetter is basically a pressure washer, which is just somebody's pump bolted to somebody else's motor with somebody else's nameplate on the total. What you buy is maybe a few specific features good for jetting, a layout you like, the convienience of not having to spec it and gather the bits and build a frame and bolt it together, and customer support. Those are the criteria on which to base a brand selection.

So I spent some time talking with Alex at the RoundUp about jetting. Let me tell you guys that he knows a lot about them and the science behind how they work.

He builds his own machines and knows what components are necessary to get the best result. I also know he use a jetter like many of us use a cable machine. This is not always easy to do. I would listen closely to his advise.

Alex, when I am ready for a smaller portable jetter maybe you can build one for me? Me and CJ will drive out and pick it up so long as we can spend a day cleaning drains with ACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          They now make a small 'economy' series trailer-pulled jetter that looks awesome.
          Any body get a quote on this economy model they wish to share?

I got a quote of $32,000.00 for the (non) economy version

Of course the sales men didn't mention the economy model
          Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

FYI

I use a Shamrock Pipe Tools portable jet

13hp
            3000 psi
            5 gpm
            250 ft 3/8 hose

Lenny

Comment

I just wanted to show you guys my little portable jetter.

Notice the 3/8" x 300' garden hose reel that we brazed fittings on to and turned into a high pressure reel.

It works great and only cost $75.00 compared to what a real high pressure reel.

It ran all day today and will be on the road again all day tomorrow. Thank God for the recirc feature. We have to leave the van running all day to keep our reels and hoses from freezing.

I think CJ was snapping pics of me up on a roof jetting thru a roof vent. The roof had snow and ice all over it. Not a good situation.
              Attached Files

Comment

Now JR why do you have to go and post that & make us all jealous?

J.C.

Comment

Well, I'm jealous of Highlands combo truck.

Comment

That bad boy looks huge.

600 gallon tank?

Do you tow it behind the fire truck for back up?

fire truck???

Lenny

Comment

700 gallons actually. It is a beast of a machine! 30 gal.@ 3000psi 85hp Cummins deisel

I tow it with a 3/4 ton van or 4wd pickup.

We fill up at the local redi-mix plant where we are able to get a full 700 gallons of hot water for it.

I have been looking at antique fire trucks to buy as a marketing tool. It will be functional as well so we can haul water for off site jetting where there is no hydrant or water source available.

Fire trucks are plentiful and cheap. Most of them have very few miles and still operate perfectly. Great promotion for parades and such.

Look at my logo.....it makes sense doesn't it?

Comment

jake, i sure hope you're not using the reel for the high pressure/3000# connection?

it's one thing to use it as a reel for hose storage, but unless you reworked the swivel and piping, you're asking for an accident

i can't picture the union or piping rated for 3000#.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Negative!!!

We never run it much over 1800psi.

Even at that we know we are pushing our luck.

I am not prepared to spend close to $700.00 on a reel right now. I had to buy the 300 ft. 3/8" hose for a specific job and it is hard to find a cheap hose reel for that length. I have thought of terminating 100ft off of it and making a 100ft and 200ft and getting a reel from Water Cannon. I have a hydraulic hose machine in my shop and the fittings from Lawson to do it. I just hate to cut up a good hose because I don't have a decent reel.

We have used this thing a lot and it holds up just fine. We put a ratchet strap around the lower portion to hold it together just in case.

I know its kind of ghetto. But it works for now. I will be talking to Cox Reels at the Pumper show to see what they may have and just make my own cart.

Comment

Working...
                          X