X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-380 cable

Hello Everyone, And while identifying drain line destinations for Department Of Environmental Protection, with dye, I found several clogged drains. So in the basement was a Ridgid K-380, but it's 3/8 cable had no fastener on the end to attach fittings. Bought someone else's cable (General) and when I removed the 50 footer in the drum, I found the fastener was on the inside end. Is this correct? I mean, does Ridgid put fasteners on both sides of thier cables?

Re: Ridgid K-380 cable

On my 380 the cable only has one end (I think so one can not add to the cable to extend it), my guess is it was feed in the drum back wards, after washing it (but I think there is a clip the bare end goes in to), the larger machines use a short tail piece that stays in the drum you attach the cable to,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Hello BHD, Yes, I did notice that clip and was able to fasten the bare end of the original cable to it and utilize the fastener end if the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by pmark View Post
        Hello Everyone, And while identifying drain line destinations for Department Of Environmental Protection, with dye, I found several clogged drains. So in the basement was a Ridgid K-380, but it's 3/8 cable had no fastener on the end to attach fittings. Bought someone else's cable (General) and when I removed the 50 footer in the drum, I found the fastener was on the inside end. Is this correct? I mean, does Ridgid put fasteners on both sides of thier cables?
        How do you do this? Never heard of this technique? Welcome to the forum btw.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben
          you dump the dye in the system and wait for it to show up where you think it should return to.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Why is this still done when you have locators?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Oh Jesus, What is a locator?

Comment

Originally posted by pmark View Post
                Oh Jesus, What is a locator?
                let me guess, you do new construction?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Why is this still done when you have locators?
                  Because it is non-invasive and only takes a few minutes to do.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hello Gear Junkie, I do all kinds of mechanical work, what might be referred to as HVAC work.and that includes drain work...

Comment

Ben we use them up here to test if a septic system is leaking, make suer that waste lines arent tied into storm sewers. The dye can do things a locator cant! And for a he77 of a lot cheaper too!

Comment

We stick a probe in the ground and watch it bubble up like in the Beverly Hillbillies beginning.

J.C.

Comment

... that movie was on this morning...... Texas Tea!

Comment

Working...
                          X